• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#11 Gunther
I'd like to have a look, if you don't mind. A subsequence with the jump is enough.

... sent mobile ...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 Red sock 01
I shot another test, one with more exposure changes. It had another aberration on one of the exposure changes again where it does 2 Lum changes.

I've attached screen grabs.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.png   Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 7.59.10 pm.png (Size: 5.36 KB / Downloads: 22)
#13 Red sock 01
Just uploaded. Thx.
#14 Gunther
I've checked your image sequence. See the attached screenshot.

You can clearly see that the Mavic wrote wrong metadata here.
Image 10 has a luminance level of 0.25 and was shot with f/6.3
Image 11 has the same luminance, but was shot with f/5.6 (normally this image should have been darker, the f/5.6 info is wrong!)
Image 12 now has a higher luminance of 0.28 although the camera wrote f/5.6 in the metadata.

This means, the camera stored the change in Aperture to the metadata one frame before it actually closed the aperture.

Since the Holy Grail Wizard uses the Exif Metadata and to create compensations, naturally, if this metadata is wrong, it might even make things worse.

In such cases, you should clear the Holy Grail Wizards compensations and work with the Visual Deflicker only, as you did.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#15 Red sock 01
Thanks for taking a look again.

I have noticed when shooting, since it's not an analog dial (only way I can think to describe it), it's not happy about rolling exposure when it's in shooting mode (hyper-lapse). Especially with a short interval and long exposure. I think it plays some havoc with it.

If you need to use the images to showcase issues with DJI, and your work around, I give you permission to use them (just credit me).

Good to see that I wasn't doing something wrong (that script thing always throws me when I haven't used LRT in a while).

Cheers,

...also check out: