• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Temporary skip of image(s) in sequence

#1 storm303
The feature I would like to see, is a "switch" or checkbox next to each image that will allow temporarily skipping over one or more images and keeping all else the same; those images unchecked will just not be played back in previews.

The reason for this suggestion, is that I am finding that with care taken on foregrand and motion subjects, things like interruptions from car lights, someone walking across a frame, a rare missed interval due to a delay corner case, etc. actually do not ruin a timelapse. On the other hand, sometimes they do. A way to temporarily watch the timelapse without the few suspect images would be welcome.

Right now, to 'toggle' a timelapse to have the interrupted/bad frames or not, it seems the only method is to manually move files into and out of the folder and rebuild previews. It would be a time savings to have a way to simply temporarilty exclude a couple images from playback.

Thoughts on this idea? I hope I have not missed an obvious way to do this that already exists.
#2 Gunther
You already can do that:
- Select the whole sequence (Ctrl-A / Mac: CMD-A)
- Hold Ctrl while clicking on the images that you want to deselect - you will then have only the images selected that you want to play back.
- Click on the "Magnifier-Lens" Tool top of the preview, this will Zoom in the curves to show them only for the selected images.
- Click on Playback: only the selected images will be played back.

Let me know, if this is a good solution for you.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 storm303
That works just fine!

I apologize it had never occured to me (perhaps it should have) to use that feature that way. I have not used zoom to selection often, and then only in a loop mode of contiguous frames.

I did search a bit in forums and instructions pages but did not find anything. Apologies if the answer was already out there.

...also check out: