• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Timelapse with Sony A7R3 and qDslr Dashboard

#1 Pukkascott
I used to use qDslr Dashboard on Canon cameras connected by USB very successfully for many years, but when I switched to Sony cameras I could never get the two to work together and tried various other solutions such as Timelapse+ with very little success.

The release of a new version of qDslr Dashboard prompted me to try once more and much to my surprise I got it to work with my Sony A7R3, once I discovered a way to avoid Sony PlayMemories and connect directly using Wi-Fi.

I knew that I would forget some of the process I worked out so I wrote myself a comprehensive guide to keep with the camera. I thought it might be a useful document for anyone else struggling to get Sony cameras to interface with qDslr Dashboard, so I have attached a PDF here. Hope it helps.
Attached Files

.pdf   Timelapse with Sony A7R3 and qDslr Dashboard for forum.pdf (Size: 317.95 KB / Downloads: 110)
#2 rruiz
Hello and thanks for the post. I just bought the Sony a7s III is not working. Does any one here knows how to connect ? Thanks
#3 Pukkascott
Work through the PDF I attached to my post and hopefully it will work.
#4 Randolph
Hi there, thanks for your post, I have the same set up and the ISO wasn't ramping, I set it to AUTO ISO and it did. What do you set your ISO to?
#5 rruiz
Hello
Not working with the Sony a7siii. I am really sorry about this because this camera has a great dynamic range

Roberto
#6 dmaksan
@pukkascott Thank you so much for posting the instructions in a pdf - as a result I now have qDSLRTimelapse working with my Sony A7III via Wi-Fi. I was assuming it would establish a Wi-FI connection to the camera automatically (as the Sony Imaging Edge app does), but the Wi-Fi to the camera needs to be connected via the phone settings first, then qDSLRDashboard will connect. I can now play around and see if the app (combined with ext. intervalometer) does better Holy grail timelapses compared to the built-in intervalometer. The built-in one works well, but when it gets really dark, it doesn't ramp the exposure/ISO enough - I found the limit here is Shutter speed x ISO = 8000.

...also check out: