• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QDSLRDashboard and Sony A7IV

#1 paf6169
I know it's not really LRTimelapse related but I use the QDSLRDashboard App for holy grail control, recently got the A7IV but seems like the App cannot connect to the camera (phone/Anroid is connected to the cameras WIFI), anybody else encountered this problem yet?
#2 Gunther
Moved this to the qDslrDashboard forum.
AFAIK the latest Sonys are not yet supported, but I don't know the current status, you might want to ask Zoltan about that: https://dslrdashboard.info
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 davidahn
Hi Gunther,

Same Q here. Sony A7R IVa in my case. I seem to only buy cameras not supported by qDslrDashboard, LOL. My first 2 DSLRs (5D mk II, Nikon D800E) would have been supported, but I switched to Fujifilm right after getting interested in Timelapse and LR Timelapse, no qDslrDashboard support for my Fujifilm X-E2 and X-Pro2, had a baby and had no time. But my son is starting preschool, and I just bought a Sony A7R IVa, finding it's not supported either.

So the solution: shoot via wifi using the Sony app, watch the histogram, and manually adjust the shutter speed and ISO if images get too dark, and smooth in LR Timelapse?
#4 Gunther
Yes, either that, or use the A-Mode with Auto ISO and just rely on the camera metering (I don't like that, because I don't have control while shooting)but I know that some Sony users are doing it).
#5 davidahn
Thank you, @Gunther. The Unleashed 22 sounds like it completely may have leapfrogged qDslrDashboard. It's super sophisticated and well thought out, I love how it saves your Timelapse rather than having to be tethered to your phone, removing one potential point of failure.
#6 Gunther
Hi David, yes, it's a good approach. The ramping algorithm is the same (invented by me) that qDDB uses. But the user interface and performance are different.
Unfortunately in practical use it's not nearly as performant as qDDB and also currently you don't get a highres preview.
#7 davidahn
Thank you, @Gunther.

Of course a tiny dongle can't replace the CPU of today's smart phones, but I'm hoping for reliability. What's especially appealing about Unleased 22 is that a phone battery dying or the OS hanging and requiring a reboot or wireless interference won't derail a shoot. Plus the app looks sleek and well organized, at least in the demo videos!
#8 Gunther
Please let us know about your experiences when you got it and tested it.
#9 Johann-S
Hallo
die Sony Kameras haben vielfältige Einstellmöglichkeiten. Mit den Eistellungen und fester Blende (A-Modus) ist die Verwendung von
QDSLR überflüssig. ggf, ist nur ein externer Intervalometer erforderlich (am besten dann natürlich LR Timer Pro)
sehr ausführlich erklärt im Film "TIMELAPSE MASTERCLASS" (ab Minute 11) von AmazingNature Alpha von Michael Leidel
(er macht damit epische TimeLaps)
#10 Gunther
Johann-S: Thanks for your feedback. But could you please answer in English in the English boards. If you want to discuss in German, there are also German boards in this forum. Thanks!

...also check out: