• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Too many 2 star frames ?

#1 Stephenlewis
Hi Guys
I'm using the latest version of LR and LRT.  I shot a sequence using auto holy grail on DSLR dashboard and all looks fine.  Using the HG workflow when the sequence is imported into LR I finish up with 2 No 2 star frames followed by a 3 star frame at the change points.

This appears to be causing problems during the auto-transition phase.  Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.
#2 Gunther
This happens if you change the camera settings twice in subsequent frames. Check the exif data (Shutter speed/ISO/Aperture) at that position and you will see that they differ on all 3 frames.
This is an error when shooting, try to avoid it next time - but LRTimelapse should be able to handle it pretty well - holy grail wizard will do its best to smooth it and visual deflicker will do the rest.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Stephenlewis
Thanks Gunter. It was shot using auto holy grail on DSLRDashboard. Do I need to check the settings in that as I assume it should not make two adjustments in successive frames. Thanks
#4 Gunther
Normally it shouldn't make 2 consecutive adjustments, since it loads only every 3rd image by default (unless you changed that setting - maybe you should double check - it's on the LRT-Screen in the settings dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Stephenlewis
Hi Gunter
Tweaked the settings in DSLR dashboard and tried it out tonight without any problems; it was making 1/3 stop changes when expected without multiple changes.  Thanks for the advice.
Key Frames
redhdrex
2019-01-19, 20:15
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: