• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Error writing metadata

#1 bjahill
Running LRTimelapse 6.0 RC 1. Why do I get Error writing metadata when I use 01 LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes-script inside LrC ? How to fix ?
#2 Gunther
Where do you get that message? In LRTimelapse? Please be a bit more concise describing what you did. Also send me the log (info menu) after getting the error.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bjahill
After editing the Keyframes (develop) inside LrC, I press the first and alt-click the last keyframe. When I press 01 LRTimelapse Sync Keyframe-script in LrC, I'm getting exclamation-mark on all keyframes (except the first). By hoovering the mouse over this mark I get Error writing metadata. I can see that all the changes I have done with the first keyframe, is transferred to all the other keyframes. The exclamation-mark disappears when I press Metadata/Save Metadata to files inside LrC, before going back to LRTimelapse.......
#4 Gunther
Let's go one step back. After you did the first workflow row in LRT you saved and brought the images to Lightroom.
Either by importing, or, if the images already were in Lightroom you need to do 'read metadata a from files' to get the initialization into lightroom. Then those exclamation marks should go away.
#5 bjahill
Log report sent. Following the same procedure as always. It happens all the time after the first workflow row in LRT, save and importing to Lightroom. Reading metadata from all files, and working with 01 LRT keyframes. The exclamation-marks show up after the script. These disappear when save metadata to file. The rest of the workflow is working, so maybe this is only a small bug (?) Also tried the LRTimelapse 5.8, but this version is behaving even stranger. When I import files into LrC - all the keyframes disappear when I read metadata from all files ! This is driving me crazy, and I have to test further....
#6 Gunther
What Drives is that /Volumes/Data/PHOTO
is that a network drive?
Could you try putting a test sequence on a local SSD and see if it works from there?
Also check that in Lightroom you didn't have set the "Automatically Write Changes to XMP" option (see https://lrtimelapse.com/install/ ) because this could mess up things.
Let me know.

(Next time just post your log here, that makes it easier).
#7 bjahill
Tested some more sequences (Canon .CR2 and Sigma .dng).

1) LRTimelapse 6 RC1 om my MacBook Pro (macOS Monterey 12.2.1): Working OK - except the bug in the 01 LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes script.

2) LRTimelapse 5.8.0 on my MacPro (macOS Monterey 12.2.1): Not working any longer. All the keyframes is removed after I've done the first row inside LRT, Drag to Lightroom and Read Metadata from files.

3) LRTimelapse 5.7.2 on my MacPro (macOS Monterey 12.2.1): Not working any longer. Same problem as on v5.8.0.

So at the moment I can only work with the Release Candidate..... Have no clue what is wrong with 5.7.2 & 5.8.0
#8 bjahill
The /Volumes/Data/PHOTO is an internal partition on my MacBook Pro. Using the import-dialogue inside LRT 6 to import pictures to this partition. After I have done all my editing on LrC in Develop-mode, I switch back to Grid-mode and use the sync-script as usual. All the edits are transferred, but I'm getting the exclamation mark. After selecting all the keyframes and press save metadata to files, the warning disappears - and everything is normal. The sequence can be finished.
Regarding LRT 5.8.0 & 5.7.2: I'm also using internal SSD on my MacPro for my edits. After I have done the first row inside LRT, I press Drag to Lightroom. All images is imported into LrC, and I can see the keyframes transferred into my catalogue. When I select all pictures, and press Read Metadata from files - all keyframes is gone by the wind...."Automatically Write Changes to XMP" is turned OFF on MacBook Pro & MacPro
#9 Gunther
Ok, I think if everything is working and your only concern is that exclamation mark, let's just accept this.

Re the problem with the older versions: you sure you imported into LRTimelapse with "add" (not copy!).
Also double check the masks version setting in the LRT Settings.
#10 bjahill
Once again - Gunther nailed it. The problem with the older version was that the import to Lightroom was set to copy. Setting the import to "add" - the system is working as normal. It's too many options.......and I'm getting older.
Thank you for the help. Now it's back to work !

...also check out: