• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unattended night - to - day settings

#1 Adamalthus
I’d appreciate any advice or suggestions on camera settings for an unattended night-to-day Timelapse. I’m shooting an event that starts before dawn continuing till late morning. I’ll be shooting the event but want to leave a remote camera (Sony A7RIV) to shoot Timelapse. I will not be able to adjust settings while the Timelapse runs. Any suggestions for how to approach ISO and SS settings for this situation?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
IF you have never done it, the safest might be to use A-Mode, Auto ISO, an exposure compensation of like -1ev and set the camera to not expose longer than the interval minus 1 second. Many never camera do this with the internal intervalometer.

Of course, you'd get better results with more sophisticated "Holy Grail" Approaches, but you'd need to have setup and practiced those before. Also the latest Sonys currently doesn't seem to be supported by qDslrDashboard.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Adamalthus
Thanks Gunther. So a combination of minimum SS and max ISO settings with a dialed in - exposure compensation. The event runs over multiple days so I’ll get several chances to experiment.
#4 Gunther
It's maximum shutter speed you'd need to take care of to not skip intervals.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Adamalthus
Thank you!

...also check out: