• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HIGH CPU TEMPERATURE WITH VISUAL PREVIEW RENDER

#1 sebasvila
Hello,

Im a new user of LRTIMELAPSE and new registered user. Im working with lrtime lapse and in the moment of render the visual preview the speccy software detects very high tempretaures in the cpu. Later to re check is not the sofware giving me wrong information I entered to bios and turn on the tempretaure alert...and always i do the render of visual preview the alarm activate.

Any solution!?

I have a i7 with 24gb ram and two video cards of 2gb connected in crossfire.

thannks

sebastian
www.nomadphoto.com.ar
#2 Gunther
I assume, if you export your sequence with LR6 it's the same? :-)
That's pretty normal. Time lapse editing is demanding for the hardware. It needs a lot of processing power, this makes the processors work and they get warm. Totally normal.
Creating visual previews is - like the export and rendering - very demanding, since the images have to be developed in order to apply the edits.
Your computer should have no problems with that increased load. Normally the cpu management of the computer will take care that the processors don't get too warm by increasing the fan speed and even slowing down the processors, if they get too warm.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 sebasvila
Thanks for the answer.

I know this computer shouldn,t present problems. I check the fans and yes they start runnign faster. Still this high temperatures comes with lrtime lapse, using after eddects and doing hevy procces is not giving me so high temperatures. Maybe i should thermic paste to the microporcesor.

What i did yesterday to see if improves but no result, is getting warm but take more time now to reach that level. I made a separated computer only with the hard drives, i mean a cpu with power supply only giving power to the hard drives so the main computer dont spend power in giving to the hard drives but still getting worm, also i added another cooler... still computer giving me high temperatures, i tried also to take out one of the video cards also the same problem. my power supply is of 550w and the power supply ogf the hard drive of 500wats i think shoul be enough...

thanks..

still can not solve problem,

is very good to do visual preview to see how was the edition we did in lr
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
If you have Lightroom 6 and export time lapse sequences from there, you will notice that the Lightroom render process will take a lot of cpu power too now (it didn't in LR5, so exporting was slower) and make your cpu get hot.

If you assemble a computer on your own, normally you should leave it running for one hour at least with full cpu load to see, if the power management is working and it's not getting too hot. Normally I use Prime95 to stress the computer. http://www.mersenne.org/download/
If it crashes during this test, there is something wrong with your hardware configuration / cooling etc.

Obviously LRTimelapse visual previews are a good test too ;-)
#5 marekk17
I've got a question about Visual Preview functionality.. As far as I understand CR2 Canon raw file is converter to DNG and then visual preview is created from DNG. Maybe better way is to convert at the beginning CR2 to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter and then start processing sequence using Lightroom and LRTimelapse ?
#6 Gunther
You could do that, but it won't change anything. The DNG Converter is used to get the current preview including the development settings.
#7 marekk17
I've just tested processing DNG files by LRtimelapse and on my pc it's much faster than processing of CR2 files.

...also check out: