• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unwanted crop rotation

#1 larseson
I want to do a scen where I do a zoom-out
I have done a smaller crop on the first keyframe.
halfway in the sequence I have made a bigger one
I have imported xmp to LRT.
I can see the crop-values in the list and looks OK both start and end. ( crop angle=0 )
I do the Autotransition.
Now I can see that the crop is rotating.
If I look in the crop angle column I can see that it has calculated some new values.
It was definetely all zero in there before the autotransition.
I have also checked with the 2.3 beta 2 with same result.

Why is it rotating

/Lars
#2 Gunther
Hi, I can't reproduce that - coud you maybe try setting the last crop a bit smaller again? Do you have a key frame on the very last frame?
Please try changing the crop sizes a little bit and then try to reapply the auto transtition. If you find a pattern when this occurrs and when not, please let me know.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 larseson
(2013-03-02, 23:13)gwegner Wrote: Hi, I can't reproduce that - coud you maybe try setting the last crop a bit smaller again? Do you have a key frame on the very last frame?
Please try changing the crop sizes a little bit and then try to reapply the auto transtition. If you find a pattern when this occurrs and when not, please let me know.

Hi,
I think I have found how it can be reproduced.
I also think I understand why you can not reproduce it.
It is because I did something that I now think is a little bit crazy.
I had different aspect ratios of the two crops.
In a way I think that the program should be able to do the transformation even if it is different aspect ratios. To calculate a crop angle in this sittuation could not be right.
But most important for me now is that I will use the same aspect ratios and then everything is just fine.
/Lars
#4 Gunther
No, different aspect ratios are definitely not supported and don't make sense at all - think about it ;-)
#5 larseson
(2013-03-03, 18:00)gwegner Wrote: No, different aspect ratios are definitely not supported and don't make sense at all - think about it ;-)

No it does not make sense. I am new to the product and was playiing with it to learn. ( I think it is just great ) When the crops started to rotate i was just confused.
An idea could be that the program tells me that I am trying to do a crazy thing. Then I am quicker aware of the problem. I think it could be an easy thing to check that the aspect ratios are same before the auto trasition starts.
/Lars
Sad
#6 J_Vizzel
I'm having the same issue. My image rotates after selecting 'RELOAD' and previewing the animation. It's super frustrating. 
No idea how this happened. Every single image is the same crop and aspect ratio in Lightroom.
#7 Gunther
If the crops start rotating, this means LRTimelapse is trying to fix wrong aspect ratios, but this does not work always.

Just check the "crop" columns in the table, if they are visible they most likely have different values. So right click on the header of one of the crop columns and then "Fill Down" this will make sure that the crops are equal. Then save metadata.

Make sure that all images of the sequence are in the Lightroom catalog too - so for example if you removed an image from Lightroom but it's still on the harddrive and therefore in LRTimelapse, you might get this problem too. Right click on the folder in Lightroom and select "synchronize" to make sure that both are in sync.
#8 MurrayH77
I have a lot of trouble with the unwanted crop rotation, & sometimes the right-click & copy down in lrt seems to have undesirable consequences.

What about moving the crop & sync operation to later in the workflow - such as right before the final export. In LR: Read the metadata, go to develop, crop, ctrl-A & sync just the crop, then do the export.

I just tried this on a sequence & at least in lightroom review prior to render it seems to have worked. Obviously if your crop is to change during the sequence this won't work, but i'm willing to bet there are many cases where people don't want the crop to change.
#9 Gunther
Unwanted crop rotations will only happen, if you have different crop aspect ratios on different key frames. Otherwise this won't happen. There is no general problem or similar.
However, I'd recommend upgrading to LRTimelapse 4, there you will get a better handling of this scenario and Lightroom will warn you right before exporting if something is wrong with the crop settings.

sent mobile via tapatalk...

...also check out: