• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 MichaelLeeNYC
I did a search of the forum for vertical video and the last thread I saw was from 2017 and it mentioned that vertical files automatically would be oriented horizontally in LRTimelapse. That no longer seems to be the case as a folder of vertical files was oriented vertically in LRTimelapse. I thought that was fine until I tried to frame the video for rendering and the crop was horizontal for my vertical files. I ended up rendering the individual jpg sequence in Davinci Resolve to create my time lapse.

Is there a way to properly handle vertical files in LRTimelapse for correct orientation and framing for rendering? I also noticed the ramping and deflicker process didn't go through as extensive a process as with horizontal files.
#2 Gunther
Normally, vertical files should work fine. Just don't check "force 16:9" when rendering. Instead do the cropping and framing in Lightroom.
Otherwise no difference.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MichaelLeeNYC
When rendering a vertical video in LRTimelapse, the result is a corrupted file. Playback starts out stuttering and then breaks up with black pixels filling the screen.

Also, I could only run deflicker two times. After the second deflicker round, the deflicker box was "greyed out" and not clickable.

Will support be added for vertical video in a future update?
#4 Gunther
Re. Vertical: Which Player are you using? Try an "advanced" player, that supports that, see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition
For maximum compatibility, render in 4K UHD or Full HD, Rec.709, Legal, 420, Qual: High.

Deflicker button will be only available if all images have visual previews. Try turning off VP on that sequence, then reload and turn them on again. Check the "Visual LUM" column so see if there are Previews missing because of file corrution etc.
Otherwise there is no limit in the amount of deflicker passes. LRT will just not calculate any deflicker anymore, when it's already perfect - means the pink curve is totally smooth.
#5 andyman
Hi!
I've also a question about vertical videos:
I did a vertical timelapse and everything worked perfekt also the rendering was in correct vertical direction. Is there a option to render a vertical video horizontal (sideways)? Because when using platforms like BlackBox vertical videos have to be horizontal:
"VERTICAL VIDEO clips must be oriented in landscape mode (sideways)."
#6 Gunther
I think for that you'd need to rotate all images to horizontal in Lightroom and then reexport and rerender.

Sent mobile...
Combining Video Clips
Steve Jones
2022-03-15, 18:38
Last Post: artymoriera

...also check out: