• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video export formats

#1 gjb83
Is it possible to export from Lightroom to a lossless format?

Once I have exported a timelapse video, I would like to do further editing (e.g. add titles). At the moment, this means I have to encode the video twice.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
#2 Gunther
Hi, unfortunately Lightroom does not allow for lossless video exports. That's why I made the PRO templates with bitrates up to 120 MBps - they export videos with literally no compression artefacts. If you need to go lossless, just use After Effects. You can import the edited RAW-File image sequences right out of LRTimelapse into After Effects.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gjb83
(2012-07-19, 13:20)gwegner Wrote: Hi, unfortunately Lightroom does not allow for lossless video exports. That's why I made the PRO templates with bitrates up to 120 MBps - they export videos with literally no compression artefacts. If you need to go lossless, just use After Effects. You can import the edited RAW-File image sequences right out of LRTimelapse into After Effects.

Thanks, I will try with After Effects.

I haven't really noticed any compression artefacts. I just need to find a faster workflow as I am currently doing:
LRTimelapse > Lightroom > Encode to MP4 > Decode to iMovie (Apple Intermediate Codec) > Encode to MP4
#4 Gunther
You could as well use an LRT->AE->Premiere or similar Workflow - but I fear time lapse workflows are never exacly fast... ;-)
#5 gjb83
(2012-07-19, 21:33)gwegner Wrote: You could as well use an LRT->AE->Premiere or similar Workflow - but I fear time lapse workflows are never exacly fast... ;-)

Another idea that I've just had (which is slightly off topic, but I think might be useful to other LRTimelapse users): is it possible to concatenate MP4 videos? If I can find a way to do that, I could prepend an intro video to the timelapse without having to re-encode.
#6 Gunther
I don't know if this is possible - but normally you would like to add some music or make some transitions as well so the normal way would be editing the sequences in a video editing program. If you use the PRO templates, you won't have loss in quality whatsoever.
#7 Rumple
So how do we change the bitrate when exporting out of Lightroom?
I have the pro templates.
#8 Gunther
Sorry, you can't. Either use the free templates for low bitrates or use the pro templates for high bit rates!
#9 Gunther
Sorry, you can't. Either use the free templates for low bitrates or use the pro templates for high bit rates!

...also check out: