• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Bal and Tint changes not coming back into LR

Question
#1 Michael Delman
I'm having a problem with White Balance and Tint. After doing auto transitions in LRT, the table shows smooth changes between keyframes for all edited parameters, as you would expect. After saving in LRT, going back into Lightroom (4.1), selecting all frames, and reading in the metadata, the changes for all parameters except White Balance and Tint are made, but only the keyframes have the correct WB and Tint. The rest of the frames are still at their original values -- which are, unfortunately, all over the place because I didn't take the camera out of Auto WB when I shot this sequence.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.
#2 Gunther
That's the reason I always stress to initialize your Sequences in a first step in LRTimelapse. I assume you have not done so. In this case the WB values stay on "auto" and are not changed by the transition.
So go back to LRTimelapse, initialize the whole sequence (Select All, Metadata->Initialize) and start over.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Michael Delman
(2012-07-04, 08:39)gwegner Wrote: That's the reason I always stress to initialize your Sequences in a first step in LRTimelapse. I assume you have not done so. In this case the WB values stay on "auto" and are not changed by the transition.
So go back to LRTimelapse, initialize the whole sequence (Select All, Metadata->Initialize) and start over.

I'm almost certain I did that, but I'll try again. Do I have to undo my keyframe edits in LR first or will initializing the sequence reset them?
#4 Gunther
Initialization will reset everything. If you want to keep your keyframe-edits make snapshots of them in Lightroom and write down the image numbers to be able to find them later and reset them to the snapshots you made. In the next version LRTimelapse is going to correct "As Shoot" WB settings automatically.
#5 Michael Delman
(2012-07-04, 10:21)gwegner Wrote: Initialization will reset everything. If you want to keep your keyframe-edits make snapshots of them in Lightroom and write down the image numbers to be able to find them later and reset them to the snapshots you made. In the next version LRTimelapse is going to correct "As Shoot" WB settings automatically.

Thanks very much for the snapshot tip. That saved me a lot of time.

Another couple of questions if you don't mind. Am I going to import the .dng files into After Effects? If so, will the metadata come over with them, i.e., will all the develop settings be intact?

I've been looking around in the forum and have seen some reference to video tutorials but the one that sounded the best at graspr seems to have disappeared. Do you have any suggestion for a good tutorial for using AE to create the time-lapse?
#6 Gunther
Quote:Another couple of questions if you don't mind. Am I going to import the .dng files into After Effects? If so, will the metadata come over with them, i.e., will all the develop settings be intact?
Yes, if you use LR4 and the 2012 develop-process make sure to have at least AE CS5.5 / ACR with the latest updates!

Quote:I've been looking around in the forum and have seen some reference to video tutorials but the one that sounded the best at graspr seems to have disappeared. Do you have any suggestion for a good tutorial for using AE to create the time-lapse?
I'm going to make a tutorial series soon, they will cover AE as well.

...also check out: