• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why are my exported videos always overexposed relative to the LRTimelapse preview?

#1 jphil0389
See here: https://i.imgur.com/VYqKD4W.png

I'm using LRT 6 and LR Classic 11.4.

I first encountered this problem a couple days ago with LRT 5.6. I hadn't used the software in quite a while so didn't upgrade LRT or the Adobe DNG converter when prompted, assuming everything would still work as it had in the past. It didn't!

I proceeded to install LRT5.8 and the latest Adobe DNG converter. Restart. Deleted all intermediary jpgs and all LRT edits and restarted from scratch. Same problem! I tried many variations of restarts/re-edits/re-installs to try to get it to work, no luck.

Finally I decided to spend the $50 on the LRT6 upgrade, assuming that this would definitively fix the issue. I uninstalled LRT5.8 first. But as you can see, it's still happening!

So, what the heck am I missing? What should I try next? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
#2 Gunther
It's hard to see from the image, but is it possible that you are rendering in Rec.2020 Color space and are using a Video Player that doesn't support that correctly? (Most don't).
Please use the Standard Full HD or Standard 4K preset in the new LRTimelapse to rerender the video and see if this fixes the problem.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jphil0389
Wow, that was it! I use VLC and when I tried the native Windows media player it displayed correctly.

However, I tried re-rendering using the preset you suggested and made sure it was still in BT709, and it still displayed incorrectly in VLC. This must have just recently changed because VLC used to display these just fine (even using LRT5.6).

I guess I need to find a new media player.
#4 Gunther
Please see this faq: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: