• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Win 74 SP1 LRTimelapse cannot write stubs

#1 Ellie Kennard
Hello,

I am new to LRTimelapse and was following the tutorial when I encountered a problem. I was unable to save the LR data to the files as I got a message saying that the directory needed to have write permissions. I could not find the folder created by LRTimelapse in the path specified, so extremely stupidly I changed the permissions on the local folder (all 50 GB) to read and write permissions. Of course I have now no way of changing back the permissions to what they were on these folders (as not all were read only, of course) and unfortunately LRTimelapse was still not able to write the stubs, so I am absolutely no farther ahead.

What can I do to make this work, can someone please tell me?

Many thanks,

Ellie
#2 Gunther
On windows you will find the LRTimelapse user-folder in

C:\Users\<your user name>\.LRTimelapse

Normally on windows there is no need to change any settings, because this folder should be writable anyway.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Ellie Kennard
Thanks, Got it.

It was a different problem, but I appreciate the help.

Cheers!

(2011-11-22, 17:47)gwegner Wrote: On windows you will find the LRTimelapse user-folder in

C:\Users\<your user name>\.LRTimelapse

Normally on windows there is no need to change any settings, because this folder should be writable anyway.

#4 Ellie Kennard
Incidentally, I hope you will start to post on Google+ as so many excellent photographers are now on there. Perhaps we will see you there? I have added you to my circles in hopes.

#5 Gunther
Glad you solved your problem. Here is the Google+ Page of LRTimelapse:

http://plus.lrtimelapse.com
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: