LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: shooting and changing shutter speed and then processing issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been shooting stormy weather today, starting from around sunrise to about sunries + 1 hour. In that time I had to adjust the shutter speed from
1/50 to 1/800, so 4 stops of light.
During the timelapse, the clouds also made the image significantly lighter and darker.
So I now have a sequence of 800 or so images with 7 different shutter speeds.

I chose to do this rather than shoot at a constant shutter speed, having the 1st part of the sequence 2 stops under exposed and by the end of the sequence having the shots 2 stops over exposed.
If I had set an average exposure I would have had too much burn out in the whites for certain parts of the sequence and then too much of the sequence too under exposed.

Now I have to take this to edit.
Running the work flow thru LRT2 and LR4.1, i have the distinct steps which I can't remove.

I've used MATCH TOTAL EXPOSURES in LR4.1, but this is not working. What is the best way to shoot a timelapse which varies by more than 3 stops and then edit to ensure I have no steps in my final output.
I've played with multiple keyframes, but again I am not having any luck.

I've checked the forum posts, I've checked the FAQ's and threads, but I can see the problem, but I dont see how I can set LRT2 up to adjust the steps out of the sequence.

Any thoughts or ideas of suggestions of workflow would really help me as I have to start a commercial shoot in a couple of days.

Thanks

Hamish
I just made a tutorial for this, going to upload it by tomorrow.
(2012-08-07, 22:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I just made a tutorial for this, going to upload it by tomorrow.

That is great news, I will continue to shoot like this and follow your tutorial. Is this information in your book already?

Thanks

Hamish
yes, the holy grail process is explained in detail
Here is the new Holy Grail tutorial: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-the-...imelapse-2
The tutorial is available now: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-the-...imelapse-2

If "Match total Exposures" doesn't work you could as well match the exposure of the right image by hand, normally this doesn't take much longer.