LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LR Timelapse 2.1.1 won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
I'm unable to launch LRTimelapse, I get the following error:
[Image: screen.jpg]

Mac console shows:
2.12.2012 0:52:36,771 JavaApplicationStub[1764]: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored: -client

Tried complete reinstal, looked up all LRTimelapse files and removed them manually.
Thanks for the great piece of software !
Hi,
Am facing the same problem. Do you know if you were able to fix it? If yes plz do share the info.

Thanks,
Praveen SHankam
having the same problem on windows except no error message just shuts down
(2012-12-02, 05:02)timo_1 Wrote: [ -> ]having the same problem on windows except no error message just shuts down

Hi,

for Windows-User your can try this:

Should you get the message "Could not create Virtual Machine" from Java when trying to launch LRTimelapse there are a couple of things you should try.

Please note that normally none of these approaches are necessary this is only troubleshooting if you can't launch LRTimelapse otherwise.

Uninstall all Java installations from your machine (Software->Add / remove Programs)
Install a fresh Java from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp, make sure you install the x64 version if you are using a 64bit Operating System.

Normally that should get you going. If the problem persist here are some things you could try (in the order I write them down, after each approach try launching)

Close other Applications to circumvent memory issues.
Go to java directory Program Files/Java/jre7/bin. Open the java.exe properties (right-click, properties), go to "Compatibility" and set "Run the program as an administrator".
Go to LRTimelapse directory (Program Files/LRTimelapse/) do the same for LRTimelapse.exe
Right click on the LRT icon on your desktop, click "Troubleshoot Compatabily", then click Try recommended settings.
Having the same trouble. Have tried all these 'fixes', but still won't run. No error message, just won't run.
Win 7, 16Gb RAM AMD64
I got up this morning and found the same error message. Yet nothing change on my computer and I have been using it every day for the past two months. Please help I have lot's to do: Am a Mac User using Mountain Lion latest version.
Not working on PC or Mac for me. PC desktop Mac laptop.

I haven't used LRTimelapse for a few months but needed to use it for a sequence. Version on PC was old so I got the new version here. Installed and launched and it only displays the splash screen for a couple of seconds then the splash just disappears and nothing happens. Tried launching all three (high-low memory and blank) and the same thing happens. Uninstalled all Java versions and re-installed. Same thing.

Jumped on Macbook pro thinking it could be a Windows issue, installed newest LRT version and I'm getting the exact Java launch error as in the screenshot.

I'm not up to date as to how the software works, but since it "knows" when a new version is released, I'm guessing the problem is somewhere out of our hands...

Anyone else?
My Mac too - just linking to this thread so I can get updates on possible solution... Smile

(2012-12-02, 12:50)JoseAlonsoLeon Wrote: [ -> ]I got up this morning and found the same error message. Yet nothing change on my computer and I have been using it every day for the past two months. Please help I have lot's to do: Am a Mac User using Mountain Lion latest version.
Have the same problem on my Mac OSX 10 7.5
Hi All

Great news I got it to work by changing the system date to before today. As I'm in HK I'm ahead of all the rest of you. Something expired so I imagine a licence reference that caused this issue. Once the LRTimeLapse starts you can change the system clock back to today's date.

Good luck and hopefully soon Gunter corrects this amazing application.

Stephen
Pages: 1 2 3