LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Displaying my timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The cart before the horse, but I'm reading your book and have downloaded your terrific application. In my office I have pictures on my wall. If I wanted to have a timelapse running on my wall, would I just download my timelapse onto a flash drive and plug it into an inexpensive 36 or 42 inch monitor and run it? Or do I need to connect it to an inexpensive computer to run it? Sorry, I'm not very computer literate....
Thanks, Steve
You'll need a device capable of playing MP4 files. Personally I don't know what stand alone devices exist for this but you should be able to throw a sequence exported from Lightroom on a stick an try it out before buying anything. Maybe there are even electronic picture frames out there that are capable of playing mp4...
I stick MP4 files on a thumb drive and play them on my Samsung HDTV all the time. If you are asking the question, your TV probably doesn't have a USB input to do what I do. There are external devices also, my Samsung audio receiver has a USB input that I play MP4 files on.

While I haven't given you a specific product, I know you can do what you want easily.

Rich