• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to user LRTimelapse with Photoshop CS3 / CS4 / CS5 (extended)

#9 cny_ap
I'm unsure of the details. I opened all JPEGs except the last image in Adobe Raw editor. (I think I need to force the JPEGs headers to be modified in Photoshop, but I'm really unsure. I figured it could not hurt.)
So I increased exposure and saturation slightly, selected all images, and then selected "Synchronize" and then "Done". Photoshop then updated the many JPEGS (not sure if just "header" information or the actual image is altered - it took a long time, so I think the images were altered).
In the raw editor, I then made the last image darker (it is a sunset timelapse) and selected "done".
I then loaded LR-Timelapse, and left "deflicker" not selected (because selecting it might smooth out the exposure, fooling me into thinking "Linear" worked). I selected all images and "Linear" transition, but the various lines overlaid on the image did not change.

I think a Photoshop version of this Lightroom JPEG tutorial would help:

2nd pass
1.Export the images with Lightroom into a new folder: Check "Add to this catalog", Check "Minimize embedded metadata", Export as JPG with maximum quality. Save that settings as "LRTimelapse 2nd pass" for next time use.
2.Open the folder with the newly exported images in Lightroom
3.Change the exposure of the 1st Image to 0.01 (you have to change something otherwise metadata will not be written correctly)
4.Synchronize Settings to all other images
5.Write out metadata
6.Go to LRTimelapse
7.load the new folder (currently you have to close it and open again to see the new folder, I will fix this in the new version)
8.When loaded, right click on the header of the exposure column and reset settings (this will get rid of the 0.01)
9.Deflicker as usual
10.Save
11.In Lighroom: Load metadata
12.Export time lapse video

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to user LRTimelapse with Photoshop CS3 / CS4 / CS5 (extended) - by cny_ap - 2011-03-17, 04:37

...also check out: