• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Match Total Exposures Lightroom Issues

#11 garry23
The lens tagger web site tells you how to do this. That is just put lens tagger in Lightroom as a plugin. Then select the raw files you wish to add the meta data back into and run the plugin.
#12 garry23
Fireman77 if you let me know your email I may be able to help you further. Lens Tagger allows you to recover the 'lost' aperture and focal length meta data on a 'twisted' lengths and a manul lengths. I thought your raw files were missing aperture and focal length? If so use lens tagger in Lightroom as the lens tagger tagger sites tells you.
#13 Fireman77
I sent you my email address via PM, and one thing my friend, i cant remember the aperture that i used, is this a problem?
#14 Fireman77
Gwenger, Look, my goal is to do a sunrise timelapse (light and colors changing), I made the mistake of using the lens twist trick, without remember de data, focal length and all available information, bad =(. In the video tutorial only teaches how to process a raw timelapse images with the same lighting, or almost the same, what I have here is a sunrise with light changes constantly, I used Magic Lantern 2.3 by the way, with his ramp bulb option.

What I do not understand is why I have to change exposures to keyframes if the light of sunrises is changing constantly, and if I have 400 pictures and I have only 8 images with keyframes, why i have to be changing the white balance only in those raw files, tones , clarity and other changes if only affect only those 8 images, and how to put those changes to all pictures together?, If i sync all the images, i´ll lose all the keyframes metadata information, please my friend, give me the hint to make good timelapse of sunrise successfully.
#15 Gunther
Hi, basically there are two ways of shooting those transitions from day to night.

1.) With Aperture Priority and the camera adjusting Time/Iso, or a Bulp ramping device: this will give you a fairly smooth blue curve in LRTimelapse with no jumps in exposure. In this case you just need the "blue" single keyframes. You edit them to reflect the development you would do at that stage and than you connect them with the Auto-Transition. LRTimelapse will than calculate all inbetween values.

2.) With my "Holy Grail" method explained in the Holy Grail video and my EBook. Here you shoot in M-Mode, and change shooting parameters from time to time. This gives you "jumps" in the blue curve, LRT's "Auto-KeyFrames" will mark them with the orange Key Frames. The trick is to match the exposures of those adjacent Key Frames either via Match Total Exposure in Lightroom, or manually in Lightroom (easy as well). After that LRTimelapse will as well calculate the inbetween values when applying the Auto Transition.

I hope I could clarify things a bit. You absolutely do not need Lens Exif Data to use Match Total Exposures to make stunning day to night time lapse. Just watch my older Holy Grail video (find it on youtube or vimeo) to see how I do it manually (please note that in that video I use an old LRTimelapse version and somewhat different workflow). If you still have questions I definitely recommend buying my EBook to learn everything from the beginning.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#16 dannylaw
Hay,

I also need to add the aperture EXIF data to some of my pictures and I am having trouble getting the Lens Tagger to work in LR.

I'm am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

I have down loaded the Lens Tagger file and placed it in the the LR folder. When I open LR and navigate to File / plug-in Extras I can see two options: -

1) Lens Tagger EXIF Tool (This option is greyed out and un-clickable)

2) Lens Tagger (I am able to click this option)

Strangely when I click Lens Tagger a window called Lens Tagger EXIF Tool opens. I clear all the fields add “f8” in the F-Stop field and click “Update Command”. Finally when I click “Run Command” I get the error message “Error: 1 – Failed to run command”

I know Lens Tagger needs Exif Tool installed to work so maybe its a problem with Exif Tool?

I have down loaded “exiftool(-k).exe” copied it to my desk top. Changed it's name to “exiftool.exe” and then copied it to the windows folder on my C Drive. In command prompt typing exiftool then pressing enter seems to run the program.

Any help much a appreciated.

Danny
#17 DrMacabre
Hello,

i'm running into similar issue when using LensTagger & Exiftool.

Error:255 failed to run command.

I'm trying to modify tag from 5D MKII's CR2 files.

When directly opened with cmd, it says : "Warning: No writable tags set from" then the path to my images & error setting file time.

this is related to the -p command but when i'm deleting it, it just says "please stand by..." and nothing happens.

I couldn't find any clue on google, if anyone know how to fix this, just let me know.

I'm using Windows 7 64bits.

Thanks

EDIT : nevermind... it seems to work when i remove the -p, it only doesn't show any progress, i have to look at my drive led to see when he's done rewriting the exif.

Weird :/
#18 Gunther
Good news: the next version of LRTimelapse (2.3) will bring native lens tagging, so you will be able to use "Match Total Exposures" in Lightroom even when shooting with a twisted or manual lens!
#19 Gunther
I just relased LRT 2.3 beta 1 with Lens Tagging support. Please give me your feedback in the beta thread:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...2-3-beta-1
#20 adamchicago
I tried Lens Tagger and it was a major headache but found Picture Information Extractor (PIE) by Picmeta and for around $40 you can't go wrong. I use the lens twist technique because you want to do anything and everything you can to eliminate flicker and was able to use PIE to fill in the missing aperture EXIF data without even reading the instructionsSmile It is as simple as selecting the folder with your images, select all photos/files, right click, select photo tab, edit EXIF tags and key-in the field for aperture, hit OK and your doneWink
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: