• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skipping images instead of deleting them

#1 dodo
Dear Gunther
I bought the Pro license to create time lapses of beaver dam stream dynamics for a scientific project. An outdoor camera took multiple pictures a day, of which I only want to include one in the final video. Is there a way I don't see to skip images without having to delete them? I want to keep all the images in the folder and have marked the images to skip in Lightroom as rejected. I'd love LRTimelapse to identify rejected images.
Best regards,
Dominic
#2 Gunther
Hi Dominic,
just select the images you want to remove in LRT, then right click and choose "Remove" - this would move the images to a folder with suffix "_REMOVED". You can move them back at any time.
It's not possible to leave images you don't want to use in the folder itself because the "Marked for deletion" tag in Lightroom won't be in the XMP metadata and can't be evalutated. It's important for the LRTimelapse workflow, that only the images that you are working with are in the images folder. That's why they need to be moved.

Another right click option is "New folder from selection" which will let you choose the Name for the folder where the images get moved instead of just naming it *_REMOVED. Check it out!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: