• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT's bug or Lightroom bug?

#1 h_power
I use LRTimelapse 2.3.1;Lightroom 5; MacOS 10.8.4;Cannon 5D MarkII
I don't know this phenomenon whether is bug or not:
I shot the timelapse by M mode,and "raw+jpeg".F 10,T 1s,ISO 200,sunshine white balance.

I first import the original jpeg in LRT,this is my screen snapshot about the curves.as you see,it is smooth:

and then,I output this .jpeg sequence to .mov video,it is so smooth and there is no flicker.

OK,I import the original raw sequence in LRT,this is my screen snapshot about the curves.as you see ,it is smooth:

but when I output the original raw sequence to .mov video in lightroom,it flicker very seriously.

OK,I import the original raw sequence in Lightroom,and do nothing just convert it to jpeg,and import the converted jpeg in LRT,this is my screen snapshot about the curves.as you see,it is not smooth,flicker seriously...

I am puzzled why the original .jpeg sequence is smooth but the original .raw sequence flicker very seriously...And why the original .raw curve in LRT is so smooth,but the converted .jpeg curve in LRT is so flicker...

And If the .Raw sequence flicker could not be solved,the "holy grail" will be failed...I am so sad.... Could you give me a advice about this phenomenon please..Thank you very much...
#2 Gunther
Just to make sure, are you using different folders for RAW and JPG sequences? You definitely should. Otherwise the previews might mess up.
I think it's something about the previews.
Try rebuilding them in LRTimelapse with Shift-F5.

LRTimelapse in both cases "sees" only the JPGs. For the RAW it's the JPGs that are embedded in the RAW files. Normally I recommend shooting only RAW to not get confused with the JPGs in the same folder.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 h_power
(2013-07-23, 14:48)gwegner Wrote: Just to make sure, are you using different folders for RAW and JPG sequences? You definitely should. Otherwise the previews might mess up.

LRTimelapse in both cases "sees" only the JPGs. For the RAW it's the JPGs that are embedded in the RAW files. Normally I recommend shooting only RAW to not get confused with the JPGs in the same folder.

I am sure I have picked the RAW and JPG sequence in different folders.

What the meaning of "LRTimelapse 'sees' only the jPGs"? Whether the LRTimelapse can't import RAW?
#4 h_power
(2013-07-23, 14:48)gwegner Wrote: Just to make sure, are you using different folders for RAW and JPG sequences? You definitely should. Otherwise the previews might mess up.

As you can see forward,why the converted JPG sequence is so flicker?But the original JPG sequence is smooth...And could you give me a advice how to do the RAW workflow?My raw workflow now is so flicker...
Thank you!
#5 Gunther
If the JPG sequence shows no flicker, then just use the raw files, initialize, rebuild the previews with Shift-F5 (just in case) then don't deflicker! Why would you deflicker a sequence that has no flicker? If you deflicker wrong you might introduce flicker.

For testing, don't do any editing, load all metadata (Grid-View, Ctrl-A, Load Metadata in LR) of the initialized sequence and export from Lightroom as JPG. Make sure to minimize metadata on export "All except camera and camera RAW information" - otherwise you will get trouble should you try to load that sequence into LRTimelapse again (what I don't recommend).
#6 h_power
(2013-07-23, 20:40)gwegner Wrote: If the JPG sequence shows no flicker, then just use the raw files, initialize, rebuild the previews with Shift-F5 (just in case) then don't deflicker! Why would you deflicker a sequence that has no flicker? If you deflicker wrong you might introduce flicker.

For testing, don't do any editing, load all metadata (Grid-View, Ctrl-A, Load Metadata in LR) of the initialized sequence and export from Lightroom as JPG. Make sure to minimize metadata on export "All except camera and camera RAW information" - otherwise you will get trouble should you try to load that sequence into LRTimelapse again (what I don't recommend).

I have a test,and find it's the Lightroom's bug...I imported the RAW sequence in Lightroom ,and do nothing just exported jpg sequence with metadata on export "All except camera and camera RAW information" and video,they are all flicker seriously.However,I imported the RAW sequence in Cannon software"Digital Photo Professional",and did nothing just exported to JPG sequence,and then converted jpg sequence to video,it was smooth,there no flicker...
How can I to solve this?
Thank you very much.....
#7 h_power
(2013-07-23, 20:40)gwegner Wrote: If the JPG sequence shows no flicker, then just use the raw files, initialize, rebuild the previews with Shift-F5 (just in case) then don't deflicker! Why would you deflicker a sequence that has no flicker? If you deflicker wrong you might introduce flicker.

I shooted other day to night timelapse,and found that all my timelapse video exported from lightroom's RAW sequence were flicker seriously.. The timelapse almost all shooted around 19 o'clock.
That's why??..
#8 Gunther
I assume you are doing something wrong. But I can't tell what without knowing the details. Have you watched my tutorials?
#9 h_power
(2013-07-29, 20:46)gwegner Wrote: I assume you are doing something wrong. But I can't tell what without knowing the details. Have you watched my tutorials?

Yes, I have watched your tutorials many times.And I found you do the workflow with DNG sequence,just not the original RAW sequence..Does it matter?
By the way,could you tell me how do you generate the DNG sequence?
#10 Gunther
No, it doesn't matter if you use RAW or DNG. You can convert to DNG with
a) LRTimelapse 3 pro
b) Lightroom
c) Adobe DNG Converter
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: