• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First frame different when rendering

#1 soktober
I have an issue that crops up from time to time that I can't seem to solve. If I follow this workflow: LRT and LR5 processing, then export TIFFs from Lightroom 5, bring the TIFFs into After Effects CC to stabilize, export to render queue as a TIFF sequence into a different folder named the same as the intermediates with stabilized added.

When I render this new stabilized sequence through LRT the first frame of the rendered sequence looks almost unprocessed and then the second and remaining frames look exactly how I processed them.

I thought it was because AE was naming the intermediates differently (i.e. LRT_00001.tif) and needed to changed the setting 'Image counting starts at 1' to unchecked.

It does not matter if I have this setting checked or not - the first frame of the render through LRT is different from the remaining frames. If I render directly from AE every frame is exactly correct - this only happens when I render through LRT.

**UPDATE**: with additional testing this is happening to the first one or two frames of any sequence I render from LRT - either intermediates from AE or directly from the LRT export module in LR5. It happens in MP4 or ProRes at each quality.

Any ideas?

LRT 3.3.1 Pro
MBP w/ Mavericks
#2 itit
Have you found a solution by now? Sounds weird, I am also interested in how to avoid that.
#3 soktober
I still have not found a solution but I'm wondering if something is not reading the XMP data correctly.

Any ideas?
#4 Anamorphic702
I had this similar problem happen once, although I was just doing the standard LRT - LR workflow, but try going to LRT - preferences - application settings will have a default image count 1 for lightroom and 0 for After Effects, try changing it to 0 if its not already.
#5 Austin
Hello,

I have this same issue. I tried clicking the box listed above, to no avail.

My work flow is completely within LRT3.4 and LR5

when i open the intermediate tiff files in preview, the images are processed exactly how i'd like, but there is a definite and obvious color shift in the first image wants rendered.

Also, it seems there is also a slight color shift overall when the video is rendered as well, notably a reduction in saturation in the reds.
#6 Austin
I can confirm that this issue is related to using the LRT motion blur option.

Please check this thread.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-moti...-saturated
#7 Gunther
Sorry, didn't see this thread earlier.
If you are using LRT Plus Motion Blur it's normal, that the first frame does not have the MB applied, because the algorithm needs a couple of former frames to be able to apply the effect. So the subsequent frames might look a bit different. But I'm not sure if this is the effect, that the initial poster experienced.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 soktober
This exactly answer my original question. Thank you.[/align]

...also check out: