• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with Visual Previews and Deflickering

#1 sketch2099
New problem here, not sure why it's happening.

I'll run through my HG workflow, load visual previews, deflicker, save, then visual flickers will load again, so that i can do another pass at refining the deflicker, but LRTimelapse stops me from this refinement and states that I need to save the files first.

But I already did this!

So I save again, wait forever for visual previews to load again (especially with this giant A7RII files), try to refine the deflicker again, and SAME MESSAGE!  This seems like it'll go on and on if i had the patience.

Any clue why?
#2 Gunther
Check the "unsaved" indicator (the first column in the table, if it's read the image has changes) - maybe something went wrong there and LRT is not being able to save one image. The behavior your are describing is not normal, but certainly has to do with something in the metadata of your images. It might be best to just redo the whole sequence, right click on the folder for that and "Clear all LRTimelapse Adjustments", then Metadata/Initialize to start over.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 sketch2099
Thanks for the quick feedback. This helps identify the problem.

So after after my first application of the deflicker tool, I then save the metadata.

But unfortunately, after I save the metadata, that first column you are referring to turns red, and then it builds the new visual previews.

This is probably what's going wrong, because then once the second round of visual previews load, the program tells me I can't apply any refinement changes to the deflicker because the metadata has changed.

How can I solve this problem?

EDIT: Also, clearing adjustments, then initializing metadata and starting over unfortunately does not solve the problem. Just eats up hours of time for the same result.
#4 Gunther
Like I told you, start from scratch. There is something wrong with the metadata. See my previous post.
#5 sketch2099
Ah maybe you missed it, but I just edited my post to state that starting from scratch did not solve the issue. This keeps happening with multiple different timelapses, even if I start all over.
#6 sketch2099
Further testing, in case this might ever be helpful for others.

Looks like the saves may not always be taking. I have to press it more than once to make sure that all of the files get updated.

May be a problem with write permissions or even issues with the hard drive. Not sure, just know that if the program runs into a difficulty saving an xmp file, it just skips over it.

Scrolling through the entire batch of stills and ensuring there are isn't any red in the first column seems to be the workflow I need to add. If it skips one or two, I can just select those and press save.

This allows me to continue with a refinement of the deflicker.

Thanks to Gunther for a kickass program and followup support.
#7 Gunther
Please check the log file, if you encounter issues like that. You can send it to me, if you see anything unusual. Info Menu / Show log.
#8 HilliBilli
Thank you sketch2099

I had the same problem and with your workaround we can live for now.
I have to hit 3 or 4 times the save button until all red entries in the first column disappear.
(After first hit at the save button all XMP files have the actual time stamp - and all entries are red.)

But in version 4.2 I never saw this problem. I tried the same sequence with same workflow from scratch and only V4.3 shows the problem.

And I see this problem only with DNG files. With CR2 I have no problems.

So  Gunther do you want to take a small look at this problem  ;-)

I use Win7 64bit with an SSD.
Du, Querstreifen machen dick!
Hmmm, wenn Du meinst. Aber wer isst schon Querstreifen?
#9 sketch2099
Just sent email to support with logfile and screenshot.

Using Win 7 64bit, with latest versions of LR, LRTimelapse, and java

FYI, pressing the save button about 4 times to make sure all visual deflicker changes have been made to every photo

Also, I don't believe I ever had this problem in previous versions of LRTimelapse

...also check out: