• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AE doesnt read metadata from jpeg..

#1 mdoolaard
Hey guys,

I shoot all my timelapses in jpeg because of the workflow speed and data space.

However, after doing the colouring/deflickering proces in LRtimelapse and Lightroom, AE doesnt read the metadata from the jpegs. lightroom does read s the metadata from LRtimelapse perfectly.

I kind of solved the problem by exporting new jpegs from Lightroom but this takes a lot of extra time and space. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for any help!

Best,
Martijn

PS. just want to share my latest timelapse of Singapore: https://vimeo.com/70779031 processed in LRtimelapse. love the software!
#2 Gunther
After Effects unfortunately does not support applying XMP-Metadata edits to JPGs. Please use a RAW-File Workflow (makes sense anyway).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mdoolaard
OK, than I would need to buy more memory Smile

Is there a way to create raw files from jpegs to work with my current project? I would like to do all the colouring in Lightroom because it is so much better than AE or Pr.

thanks!

(2013-08-05, 13:45)gwegner Wrote: After Effects unfortunately does not support applying XMP-Metadata edits to JPGs. Please use a RAW-File Workflow (makes sense anyway).
#4 Gunther
You could try converting the JPGs to DNG in Lightroom, but make sure to reset all edits before doing this.
#5 CEBImagery
the issue really impacts me when I do an HDR lapse. I then sue Ginger HDR to convert to exrs and then use photomatix to process EXR's into Jpeg. I bring the Jpeg into Lightroom becuase I use LRT to key frame etc.

I noticed AE doesnt keep the changes and now understand why. What I did do is using LRT3 I had AE call the intermediate file-Jpegs and everyhting worked great.
#6 Gunther
That's another good solution, ideed.

...also check out: