• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

batch initialization howto

#1 giosico
What exactly does "batch initialization" do?
(for a pro licence)

Does it initialise, keyframe, and save several folders at once?

I can't seem to find LRT help or a manual anywhere.

How do I use it?

Can I just CTRL click multiple folders and then right click and select it?

How do I know when a folder or multiple folders has been initialised?

Thanks in advance for your help
#2 giosico
I have attempted this with 4 folders, each with 999 pictures in them, and LRT seems to be frozen with javaw.exe process using about 12% and 3.2 GB of memory.

After about 5 minutes it returned this error.

Could not write stub for G0018533.JPG.
Is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\stubs\1294818286\.G0018533.jpg writable?
ERROR writing: G0018534.JPG
Could not write stub for G0018536.JPG.
Is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\stubs\1294818286\.G0018536.jpg writable?
ERROR writing: G0018536.JPG
ERROR writing: G0018537.JPG
996 XMP-files successfully saved.
3 XMP-files could not be saved.
2 previews could not be saved.

Please enable write access to the previews folder:
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse
and all subfolders and files.
#3 giosico
Also when I select BI, it says it's a pro feature and asks me if I want to learn more about Pro. I thought I had a pro licence. So I click no. But then I am not sure if it is working or not.

Using BI on one folder still runs the cpu as described above but again with no UI indication it is working.
#4 Gunther
Hi, Batch Initialization will initalize the sequnce, create previews and all defaults and save.
Make sure to not have the folder loaded, that you would like to add to the batch queue.
Then right mouse onto the folder, select Batch initialization. You should see a progress bar right underneath the folder selector.
If you get any errors like you wrote above, there might be something wrong.

I'm wondering why you get the message "Pro Feature" - does your license registration dialog (Info/License) say, that you have a Pro License activated?

If you can't get it working, please contact me via email to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com - send me a screenshot of the LRTimelapse screen, of you Registration Dialog and the logfile from info/log please.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 giosico
Turns out I have a private licence which I thought was a pro licence.

...also check out: