• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harsh transition between the last two frames

#1 leandroprz
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way the software works.

Take a look a this:

[Image: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8586/20236889.png]

There's a harsh transition between the last two frames. You would think it's not a big deal, but you can see the change in the video.

For example, take a look at the column that says 23, there are a lot of pictures with that value and then suddenly the last one is 24. In the final video you can see a little jump.

I remember I noticed this before but didn't pay much attention to it until now.

So my question is: is this a bug or just the way the program works? Shouldn't it be a softer transition?
#2 Gunther
Hi Leandro,
thank you for reporting. Currently this is how the program works. Unfortunately some parameters in ACR/Lightroom are integer. So no inbetween steps are possible. This isn't much of an issue for for example the White Balance. It was indeed an issue for the
ald Blacks slider in LR3 - an the reason I always recommended not to use it. I recommended as well to use Exposure instead of Brightness with LR3. Exposure is rational, Brightness integer.

So: if you keyframe an integer value you wil get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and not 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc... If the change between 1 and 2 is visible, you will see it in the video, no matter where it occurs.

Coming back to your problem:
You are right - the transition you are seeing shouldn't appear between the last two frames, to be mathematically correct it should appear earlier. This seems to be a rounding issue, I'm currently investigating this further. But if you currently see a visual difference between the last two images you will see it as well if the "jump" occurs earlier. So you should check which parameters causes the visual jump (for example blacks, brightness in LR3 process) and substitute them with others (tone curve, exposure).

Thank you for pointing out the rounding issue. I'll see if I can fix this.

All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 leandroprz
(2012-06-25, 10:08)gwegner Wrote: So you should check which parameters causes the visual jump (for example blacks, brightness in LR3 process) and substitute them with others (tone curve, exposure).

Yeah, after writing my post I changed some values and tried to use the tone curve and exposure instead. Worked out pretty well.

Thank you!
#4 Gunther
Hi Leandro, just wanted to let you know that I already fixed this behavior. The fix will be available in the next version.

Thank you again for reporting!
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 leandroprz
Thank you for your hard work!
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: