• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#21 Mille
Hello
I also have problems with getting star rating keyfame into LR.

Have tried:
1.)Clear all metadata for the sequence (Ctrl-o in LRTimelapse)
2.)Initialize sequence in LRTimelapse. Make sure a keyframe is set for the first image.
3.)Save.
4.)In Lightroom hit G, make sure no filter is set, then Ctrl A to select everything. Now Metadata -> Load metadata from files.

PC. 64bit. LRTimelapse 2.3 beta 2 LR4. Canon CR2 files.
After converting to DNG file it works.

Tenna.
#22 BdSherman
(2013-02-11, 22:11)gwegner Wrote: I just had an idea: your image names seem to have a space " " in them - that might confuse Exif Tool. Could you please try renaming them and get rid of the space character? I would bet they will work after that!

I thought that would work, but unfortunately it did not... Is there a reason why the dng will work over this? That worked, even when the file name had the space it it.
#23 Gunther
could you just put 5 of your cr2 into c:\temp and name them 1.cr2, 2.cr2, 3.cr2 etc.
Then try loading them into LRTimelapse (clear metadata first, then re initialize). Tell me if that works.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#24 BdSherman
(2013-02-12, 07:34)BdSherman Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 22:11)gwegner Wrote: I just had an idea: your image names seem to have a space " " in them - that might confuse Exif Tool. Could you please try renaming them and get rid of the space character? I would bet they will work after that!

I thought that would work, but unfortunately it did not... Is there a reason why the dng will work over this? That worked, even when the file name had the space it it.

That did not work either. I am sending you an email with this temporary folder of these files. Maybe you can figure out if anything is wrong with these?

Thanks
#25 Gunther
I'm going to check them and come back to you soon.
#26 Gunther
Hi Ben,
this is really weird. I just spent an hour playing with your files and it seems that Lightroom just refuses to load metadata for them. Instead it just resets the metadata when you try to load them.
This has nothing to do with LRTimelapse - just try the following:

Take one of those images in Lightroom reset all settings, set the rating to 1 star. Now save the Metadata for that image with ctrl-s. now open the XMP file with a text editor. Find the line with "rating" and change the value "1" to "2". Now save and in Lightroom load the metadata again: instead of two stars appearing, they get completely removed - Lightroom resets all edits to its defaults. No LRTimelapse involved here.

I however have one suspicion: your images seem to have been shot in the future - the time stamps of those are on 2013, May - this might confuse Lightroom. Could you please test this with another sequence with time stamp in the past? -> and make sure to change your camera's date!!

Please let me know if this solves the problem!
#27 BdSherman
(2013-02-15, 14:35)gwegner Wrote: Hi Ben,
this is really weird. I just spent an hour playing with your files and it seems that Lightroom just refuses to load metadata for them. Instead it just resets the metadata when you try to load them.
This has nothing to do with LRTimelapse - just try the following:

Take one of those images in Lightroom reset all settings, set the rating to 1 star. Now save the Metadata for that image with ctrl-s. now open the XMP file with a text editor. Find the line with "rating" and change the value "1" to "2". Now save and in Lightroom load the metadata again: instead of two stars appearing, they get completely removed - Lightroom resets all edits to its defaults. No LRTimelapse involved here.

I however have one suspicion: your images seem to have been shot in the future - the time stamps of those are on 2013, May - this might confuse Lightroom. Could you please test this with another sequence with time stamp in the past? -> and make sure to change your camera's date!!

Please let me know if this solves the problem!

Wow, I am confused at to why the dates were set wrong. That worked when I reset everything, and did a simple 6 photo sequence. Thanks for helping out with this. Live and learn...
#28 Gunther
So with a new sequence with dates in the past it worked?

This seems to me like an Adobe Lightroom bug then...

Glad we figuered that out!
#29 BdSherman
(2013-02-16, 11:43)gwegner Wrote: So with a new sequence with dates in the past it worked?

This seems to me like an Adobe Lightroom bug then...

Glad we figuered that out!

Yes it did. Thanks a lot for helping out with this issue. Im not sure why the date was set then, but I am happy to hear that this is not a part of your software.
#30 DTMOS
Hi,

Just would like to ask, i have accidentally deleted my keyframe presets under lightroom 5's filter section. How do i restore the presets? Thanks.

...also check out: