• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

LRT 3 pan/zoom holy grail sequence

#1 NielsT
Hey guys,

I found a post how i should create a pan/zoom motion using LRT2. In LRT3 i could use the 'auto transition special' (crop) but i did not manage to get the transition. The 'crop' function uses the 5 star rating but when should i set the 5 star rating to the first and last image?

Could someone please tell me step by step how to accomplish a panning movement to my sequence using LRT3?

Thanks!
Niels
#2 pcalvin
I have run into more or less the same thing. I wanted to have the crop roate slightly over the sequence. I applied the 5 stars, selected that choice to for auto transition, but LRT is not applying the ratation to the files. Am I missing something, or is it a bug.

Thanks,

Peter

(2013-08-24, 21:55)NielsT Wrote: I found a post how i should create a pan/zoom motion using LRT2. In LRT3 i could use the 'auto transition special' (crop) but i did not manage to get the transition. The 'crop' function uses the 5 star rating but when should i set the 5 star rating to the first and last image?

Could someone please tell me step by step how to accomplish a panning movement to my sequence using LRT3?

Thanks!
Niels
#3 Gunther
Hi guys, basically you set one 5 star keyframe to the fist and one to the last image after finishing all ather edits. Then save, go to lightloom, load metadata for all files, filter for the 5* ones.
Then set a crop to the first, copy only the crop to the last. Change size/rotation of the last image's crop. Please make sure to not change the aspect ratio! (Lock-Symbol)
Save metadata for those tho images, in LRTimelapse reload and apply "auto-transition special" with the "crop (*****)" option selected.
Hit ctrl-A to see the animated crop overlay.
Save and render via Lightroom/LRTExporter.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 NielsT
He Gunter,

Thanks for your reply, i'm gonna give it a go asap. I'll let you know!

greets,
Niels

(2013-08-26, 10:10)gwegner Wrote: Hi guys, basically you set one 5 star keyframe to the fist and one to the last image after finishing all ather edits. Then save, go to lightloom, load metadata for all files, filter for the 5* ones.
Then set a crop to the first, copy only the crop to the last. Change size/rotation of the last image's crop. Please make sure to not change the aspect ratio! (Lock-Symbol)
Save metadata for those tho images, in LRTimelapse reload and apply "auto-transition special" with the "crop (*****)" option selected.
Hit ctrl-A to see the animated crop overlay.
Save and render via Lightroom/LRTExporter.
#5 NielsT
Hi Guys,

Gunters answer worked for me (thx Gunter!). Let me tell you all how i did it, step by step using LRT 3.1.

- 1st row Holy Grail workflow as usual
- 2nd row Create other keyframes as usual
- 2nd row XMP save as usual
- 2nd row edit images in Lightroom as usual and save
- 3rd row reload as usual
- Change the first and last image to a 5-star rating
- 2nd row XMP save
- 2nd row edit 5-star keyframes in Lightroom (copy crop only!) and save
- 3rd row reload again
- 3rd row auto-transition colours as usual
- 3rd row auto-transition crop
- 3rd row XMP save as usual
- Export video in Lightroom as usual

i hope this will help you all,

Niels
#6 derricklytle
I know this is old but what is the advantage if any to panning/zooming in LRT? Why not just do it in Premiere?
#7 Gunther
There is no advantage. It's better to export in larger sizes (3K/4K) and do it in Premiere.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: