• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Metadata not importing from LR3

#1 grwiffen
I have just started using LRTimelapse and am a complete beginner, although it seems relatively straightforward. I have the trail download.

I am using a timelapse series of images to learn LRT on, which I basically screwed up, where there is a significant jump in brightness towards the end. I wanted to use this sequence as I understood LRT can cope with this.

I have gone through the process 3 times now, setting the keyframes in LRT, but when I edit the keyframes in LR3, using one each side of the jump and smooth it out using the Develop panel in LR3 and then I save the metadata to files. I then come back to LRT and Reload - and nothing changes. The brightness/exposure curves are not changing and the big jump is still there.

It seems I am doing something wrong, but I cannot see what. I have watched the intro video a number of times on this section, but I just cant see what the issue is.

Can anyone please help.

Many thanks
Graham
#2 Gunther
First thing to check: Have you set the Process-Version to LR3 in the LRTimelapse settings?
If you have to change it please reinitialize the sequence and start over.

After performing the first row of workflow buttons in LRTimelapse from left to right, save, go to LR, load Metadata for all files, make the adjustments, including Holy Grail matching total exposures, then save metadata for the key frames again, bo back to LRT reload (2nd row) - after that the exposure (yellow curve) should change at the keyframes. Hit auto-transition and you should get a yellow curve with a zig zag.

Please note that you will never see a visual chang in the LRTimelapse previews.

If you still have issues, please post a screenshot from the end of the first row (before going to lightroom) and one after back from lightroom and reloading, and one after the transition. Thank you!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 grwiffen
Have made sure LR3 is selected and started the whole process again, but I get the same result. Have checked the steps as laid out above and thats what Im doing.

Any ideas please?

Just got this error message, for the first time .... but have updated this again! but once again, the same results.

I havent added any full screenshots as it never changes, as the metadata isn't getting updated.

Help!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 grwiffen
(2013-02-05, 02:56)grwiffen Wrote: Have made sure LR3 is selected and started the whole process again, but I get the same result. Have checked the steps as laid out above and thats what Im doing.

Any ideas please?

Just got this error message, for the first time .... but have updated this again! but once again, the same results.
Here's one from the reload - start of line 2

Help!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 grwiffen
Have just seen that the settings hadn't taken, so have just changed that again.
Reloading changes the yellow line, but the timelapse doesnt take the changes when I press play.
Screenshot attached.- first after reload
second after transition
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
As you can see on the screenshot your LRTimelapse is still in LR4 mode (shows on the main screen). The error message you got notified you of that fact. Please change the Process Version in the LRT-Settings to LR3, hit okay and then restart LRTimelapse. Then initialize the sequence again and start over like I told you!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: