• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small problem with Zoom

#1 geomat
I spent an hour using LRTimelapse everyday this week, and I am amazed. All is clear and logical.
I have read a large amount of the threads here on the forum, all is great.
I am trying to do the zoom effect with my gopro sequence images.
All is clear, but I have something bizarre.
I am using windows 8 64bit.
I choose the first picture from a sequence.
I crop the image to a slightly smaller rectangle
I copy the image
Select all images
Paste
I go to the last image, and put the initial size ( maybe some call it uncrop) to make a zoom out effect.
initialize metadata
And the problem is:
Whatever transition I use, the crop sequence is there, but it tilts 45* degrees to the left.
Auto, linear, curve or custom.
The crop angle is sequential in the result, but I want it to be zero, no tilt.
I spent hours but no luck.
I can do it manually, and insert zero (crop angle) on every image, but after 50 images out of 500, I am half dead.
I am sorry if the solution is on the forum, but after searching a lot, I did not find it.
thank you
#2 Gunther
(2012-08-18, 11:48)geomat Wrote: I spent an hour using LRTimelapse everyday this week, and I am amazed. All is clear and logical.
I have read a large amount of the threads here on the forum, all is great.
I am trying to do the zoom effect with my gopro sequence images.
All is clear, but I have something bizarre.
I am using windows 8 64bit.
I choose the first picture from a sequence.
I crop the image to a slightly smaller rectangle
I copy the image
Select all images
Paste
I go to the last image, and put the initial size ( maybe some call it uncrop) to make a zoom out effect.
initialize metadata
Why are u initializing here? Initializing should be the very first step, then apply the zooms/crops in Lightroom
Quote:And the problem is:
Whatever transition I use, the crop sequence is there, but it tilts 45* degrees to the left.
Auto, linear, curve or custom.
The crop angle is sequential in the result, but I want it to be zero, no tilt.
I spent hours but no luck.
I can do it manually, and insert zero (crop angle) on every image, but after 50 images out of 500, I am half dead.
I am sorry if the solution is on the forum, but after searching a lot, I did not find it.
thank you
Hmm this is weird, I would like to investigate the problem further, so maybe you could copy a 10 images sample into another folder and see if you can reproduce it there and than send me those 10 pics (zipped) to lrtimelapse(at)gmail(dot)com.

And here is a quick work around: in the LRTimelapse Table go to the very first image, select the row. With the right mouse button click on the table header above on one of the crop columns, "select only this". Now right mouse to the first row, "copy". Select whole table (Ctrl-A) and now right mouse: paste.

This will make all crop values same. In the next version there will be a "fill down" feature that will allow you to fill the very first value of a column to all others (usefull for example if you forgot to apply sharpen to a already edited sequence).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 geomat
zip file sent, thank you very much (my email starts with info@....)
#4 Gunther
I cannot reproduce the rotation thing but there is one thing you should know:
If you totally remove the crop from the last image, Lightroom will not write out any crop at all and so destroy our initialization. Please leave a little bit of crop in the last image as well. Than everything will work I assume.

In Version 2 LRT tries to fix non existant Metadata but this won't help you as well because in that case the non existant (last) crop value would be filled in with that of the image before (normally that makes sense...) but not in your special case.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: