• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Use of "Auto Match HG-Exp." in the HG worflow with LRT3

#1 pierrea
Hi Gunther, all,

just bought the upgrade to LRT2 to 3, looks like a lot have been done ! good job

but I have a problem when i'm using the HG worflow, for a "sunset to stars timelapse". I did something like 30 stops changes on the field for 400pics / 30sec interval on 3h30 (20h-23h30), sometime with very small gap (during the sunrise), in order to get very smooth HG transition. So I'm using the LRT3 Holygrail workflow: i'm generating the HG keyframes, then using the HG wizard, and save. But when I reload my metadata in LR, I have still the same problem than in LRT2: the MatchTotalExposure is not super super accurate for half of the HG jumps, which result in big flickering due to bad matching with HG frames (I watched your video tutorial, ... many many times Smile ).

So As I saw there is a new button/function "Auto Match HG-Exp." (see attachement), I went back to LR, did very small exposure modifications on 2stars keyframes so they match perfectly 3stars keyframe, in order to fine tune the MTE and then export metadata ( I did change only on 2** keyframes, as explained in the button tooltip).

Then when I go back to LRT3, and hit the "Auto Match HG-Exp.", then re-save (Holygrail save button"), and then reload metadata in LR. But then, all my changes were overrided by LRT3 ... all my small exp compensation made before are cancelled, so I still have my sequence with some bad gaps between ** and *** keyframes.

So Am i doing something wrong ?? Is it the right way to use this button to do micro corrections ? Do I have to save metadata in LRT3 after hitting the Auto Match HG-Exp ?

your help would be super appreciated, thank you very much !
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 delik
Bump!

I have the exact same trouble. Video tutorial doesn't address this work flow. It would be of tremendous value to have a Holy Grail step-by-step in the Workflows section!
#3 Mattock_Imagery
Double bump! Have the same problem also!

Ended up just editing my day to night in the deflicker workflow and doing it the old way!
#4 FableBlue2010
Was this solved somewhere in the form? It is not like Gunther not to reply with an answer.
Anyway I have the same question: How to use the Auto match HG-Exp.
This method is NOT in the new book. Anyway I will keep search the form.
#5 Gunther
Sorry, didn't see this thread. But the new Holy Grail Workflow is covered in the 2014 issue of the EBook as well as in the Day to Night (Holy Grail) Tutorial on http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 FableBlue2010
Thanks Gunther.
Where is it in the ebook i thought that i did a through search in it.
#7 Gunther
Page 93 - Automating the Holy Grail Workflow with the “Wizard”
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 FableBlue2010
thank you.

...also check out: