• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance Weirdness

#11 damianvines
So, if LRTimelapse will always set a default white balance when saving the metadata, how can we keyframe a white balance shift? I have set my Keyframe number 1 star (first frame in sequence) to a custom white balance, and then set my last keyframe star (last frame in sequence) to a different white balance, yet when reloading and auto transitioning, LRTimelapse sets all the white balance to the same white balance setting, it's not keyframing it or ramping it between stars. I shoot a Nikon D700 with a custom Kelvin WB setting, 5500K.
I should clarrify... I am only having this trouble when working with DNG files that I've had to convert from tiffs. I am doing this because I'm using HDR, and the HDR software will only output tiffs, so I need to convert to DNG's prior to using LRTimelapse, this is when I'm having the trouble. LRTimelapse won't keyframe the white balance settings from one star to the next.
Damian Vines | Damian Vines Photography
#12 Gunther
Maybe you misunderstood me. LRTimelapse will certainly keyframe the WB adjustments. It only sets a default WB when initializing. But you can always change the WB to other values on the keyframes and LRT will calculate the transitions for that.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 NB_Tom
The overall exposure is displayed in the preview window, facilitating key frame selection. Is there a way to see a chart of the other variables (like White Balance) in the Preview Window?
Thanks
#14 Gunther
yes sure, on the top right of the preview there is a drop down box where you can select the parameter. If you click "ALL" you will see all curves.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: