• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exclude columns from Initialization and Auto Transition

#1 Meditating Pixel
Hi,

I'm not certain whether this is possible in LRTimelapse or not... I tried searching but I haven't found an answer. I have camera and ISO specific presets that get applied automatically when importing photos to Lightroom. Unfortunately, these settings get overwritten when initializing and saving in LRTimelapse. I would like to have an option to select the fields that get initialized. A dialog box when pressing Initialize would be nice (think Lightroom's copy and paste develop settings) . I tried initializing a column at a time, but I can't get the preset LRT's 3 graduated filters to appear this way.

The reason I would like to retain the ISO specific settings is because I have been experimenting with timelapses in AV mode and auto ISO enabled. I know, I know, this is not recommended, but I have been getting OK results with the Deflicker -feature. In this scenario, the noise reduction settings should not animate and fixing the noise reduction settings afterwards in Lightroom is a bit tedious.

I could probably use something like this to fix the animated noise reduction settings if need be: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bulk-develop

Anyway, just asking if anyone knows of a better way before I end up making things needlessly complicated. :-)

Best Regards,
MP
#2 Gunther
Currently this is not possible, sorry. The initialization establishes a clean start to avoid any problems with Lightroom messing around with uninitialized values.

I fear I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do. How do you get the noise reduction settings into the XMP data?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Meditating Pixel
(2013-11-06, 01:43)gwegner Wrote: Currently this is not possible, sorry. The initialization establishes a clean start to avoid any problems with Lightroom messing around with uninitialized values.

I fear I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do. How do you get the noise reduction settings into the XMP data?

I Have ISO specific presets in Lightroom that get applied automatically on import. Here's one description on how to set this up. I have Lightroom write the sidecar files after this. I always import images first to Lightroom before changing to LRTimelapse.

Anyways, It's good to know that the exclude feature is not there, as I was wondering whether I was just missing something. I'll probably try Jeffrey’s “Bulk Develop Settings” Lightroom Plugin next to dig myself out of a hole I have dug myself in. :-)

Best regards,
Meditating Pixel
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: