• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ability to Save/Reload Keyframes only

#1 ErikMalk
1. When I am working on a large set of images, it can take a few minutes to save or reload every image. Most of the time I only need to save or reload the keyframes. I actually cancel the reload after a few seconds whenever I am working a clip with only one keyframe. It would be great if the reload and save button were split into two (Save All | Save Keyframes) or if alt+click could do this.

2. Could improve efficiency in Lightroom with a script that could select the default n keyframes to save time with a smaller set of images to "Read metadata from file". The obvious limitation being that it would only be useful when keyframes aren't hand picked. For very large image sets (a few thousand) with only a few keyframes (5 or less), I find it's faster for me to manually look up the soon-to-be keyframes by name to avoid the slow metadata read from every file.

Thanks for considering my request.
#2 Gunther
Hi Erik,
1) with the latest LRTimelapse version you can Just skip reload and do auto transition, this will automatically load metadata for the keyframes only -> huge time saver
2) for the first step Lightroom cannot know, which would be the keyframes. Therefore you need to load metadata for all images. If, after doing that, you select the filter "Speed up LR" - it will read metadata much faster. With this trick, I never found reading metadata to be too slow.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ErikMalk
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my delay, I missed it originally.

1. a. Reloading Keyframes. That's great to know! I wonder if most users discovered this or if it could be improved with a pop up on the reload button. Something like: Do you only need to reload the keyframes? If so, you can skip this step and proceed to auto-transition, which now automatically reloads keyframes. [Skip] [Reload all frames]

1.b. Saving Keyframes only. I think this would still be a huge time saver. Sometimes I work with 4000 frame sequences. We can save minutes by ignoring non-keyframes on save (or alt-save).

2. Sorry, I didn't explain it well the first time. I meant to suggest a script called "Select LRT Keyframes" added to the LR menu, next to your current sync keyframes scripts. After clicking it would ask: How many keyframes are in this sequence? [input number] then use the same logic as the LRT application to determine which frames to select. If needed, could also require user to input total number of frames.
#4 Gunther
Hi Erik, thanks for your feedback.
1a) In one of the next versions that feature will get clearer.
1b) It's not a good idea to leave the inbetween images uninitialized. That's why they should be saved after loading them initially.
2) I think that would be a very special and hard to explain feature that most likely only you would be using. There wouldn't be any guarantee that the selected frames in LR would correspond to the keyframes in LRT - especially since many users add keyframes manually etc. I see this as a huge point of possible failure.
However, I understand your requirement and will continue thinking about on how to speed up the workflow even more.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 ErikMalk
Thanks Gunther! Understood, I appreciate the response and consideration.

...also check out: