• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add dialog to confirm switching between image sequences

#1 brian_in_the_cloud
Especially with a mac touchpad, it's easy to accidentally touch on a different part of the file tree interface, and end up switching away from the sequence you're working on at that moment.

Sometimes you get the:

Unsaved changes!

You have unsaved XMP-Metadata

Do you want to save?

(No/Yes)

But other times it just switches immediately.

In both cases there is no way to mark this action as an error.

The unsaved changes dialog should have a cancel/go back button, that simply dismisses the dialog and leaves things as they were before the errant click. This ideally would avoid reloading the sequence, or anything else that takes a long time.

It's also possible that there are other situations the user could end up in where the sequence is being actively processed, but XMP metatada isn't yet modified. It would be nice to have a sequence change validation dialog in these cases as well.
#2 Gunther
If there are changes, you'll get the dialog. If you close the dialog with the Close button, it won't load the other folder (the selection will change in the tree, but the loaded folder will remain. After that you can just click on the right folder in the tree to restore the right selection but you won't need to reload everything.
I'd rather not have a popup every time someone loads a new folder (if there are no changes), that would quickly get annoying.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 brian_in_the_cloud
The close button on the dialog is easy to miss, I didn't notice myself that the close button was possible on the upper left corner as a little red circle. This would be easier if there was a 'close' button next to 'No', and 'Yes', which appear to be the only options for users who haven't realized they can close the dialog with no effects via the buttons at the top.
#4 Gunther
That's the default closing buttons on dialogs from the OS, it's always used in LRT to accomplish a "I didn't want to do this action at all, just take me back".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: