• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adobe DNG Converter pop-ups are out of control

#1 amercier
Every time LRTimelapse starts to calculate changes to my timelapse (visual previews, etc), it creates hundreds and hundreds of pop up icons in the dock on my Mac that bounce and bounce - it's driving me insane. My timelapse is roughly 1000 frames long so any time I need to render new previews I have to watch 1000 dock icons get created and then disappear, for upwards of 10 straight minutes. It's so distracting it makes it hard to use my computer. Is there any way to get rid of all the popups?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Please see this faq post: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-eye-...ng-in-dock
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 amercier
Thanks for the quick reply! The link that you posted inside the thread doesn't work anymore however.
#4 Gunther
I've updated the link: https://www.cnet.com/news/prevent-an-app...g-in-os-x/
#5 amercier
Great, thanks so much!
#6 wannaberocker
Hello, I have tried to edit the PLIST folder as the article suggested but it says it's locked and can only edit a duplicate. Not sure what to do here. The DNG icons in the dock is excruciatingly annoying.
#7 Gunther
Unfortunately on MacOS there is no official way to have a program not to open an icon in the dock. Since LRTimelapse uses heavy multithreading for performance reasons, as many DNG Converters as you have parallel threads configured in the settings will open up. But they will close again, after the task is finished.
Important: Just make sure to have MacOS System Preferences / Dock / Show recent applications in Dock set to off!!
If you want less icons popping up, set the number of threads to a lower value (LRTimelapse Settings / Expert Settings) - but this of course will slow things down.
#8 DSimagesTL
Rehashing this one, Gunther.

I was able to edit the plist in the DNG converter contents. I did not see the LSUIElement line in there, so I just added it at the very bottom of the code. Now no DNG apps pop up... BUT with the added bonus that the visual previews isn't working. lol.

Is there a certain place to put that line of code in order for it to work?

This is where I put it:
<string>YES</string>
<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
<string>Copyright 2023 Adobe Systems Incorporated</string>
<key>LSUIElement</key>
<true/>

</dict>
</plist>
#9 Gunther
This is not gonna work on newer MacOS versions since you are breaking the integrity (signature) of the Mac App when you edit the .plist file.
You would have to sign the components and the app again to make it work, this is just not worth the effort.
If there was any solution to this, I've already had it documented.
But personally, I just don't care about those icons. I set my dock to be hidden and only show when I hover over it, so most of the time those icons are not visible. Launching apps from the dock can be a bit tricky, while the DNG tasks are running, but you can use spotlight then.
#10 DSimagesTL
Ok thanks for clarifying! Yes I have the same setup to hide unless I hover over it.

Appreciate ya!

...also check out: