• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advantage qDSLRdashboard with Sony a6400?

Lightbulb
#1 Jawa85
Hey! I got an „old“ Huawai P8 Lite from a friend, I installed qDSLRdashboard to work with my Sony a6400. After short introduction I made everything work. However, I do not see the advantage over the Av mode of the camera (with Auto ISO from e.g. 4").
I ordered the LR Pro Timer 3 now, to have a good intervalometer. But I‘m not shure, if I need to use qDSLRdashboard?
#2 Gunther
The huge advantage of the Auto Holy Grail in qDslrDashboard compared to the Av Mode in the camera is that is has been designed for timelapse transition (Av-Mode has not). In qDDB you can control exactly what happens, while the camera is shooting. The histogram analysis is much more sophisticated than the metering of the camera. With AV mode for example mostly the night images will get way too bright. Here is an faq about this: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-why...-a-av-mode
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jawa85
Ahh thanks Gunther! That makes sense! I will try when I receive the LRT Pro Timer!
#4 TGPhoto
As a Sony a6400 user the Av mode and built in intervalometer works great in some instances. I get lazy and use this in daytime sequences when the exposure will not change enough to hit the ISO limits or the shutter speed limit. I have not found a way to adjust the exposure compensation or aperture while the built in intervalometer is running so there is no way to rescue a sequence once underway or adjust for night vs. day time.

In all other instances qDslrDashboard and the LRT PRO Timer are far better. Sunrise and sunset holy grail is one of those times especially if the sequence runs long enough the exposure changes to hit ISO or shutter speed limits and the aperture needs to be changed to compensate. Adjustments can be made on the fly without interrupting and ruining a sequence. The holy grail with NTC mode works well enough that if you get the first shot reference right you often don't have to touch anything for a whole shoot.

...also check out: