• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are Range Masks and Brush adjustments to a Radial Filter supported in Transitions?

#1 dwhitebread
Can you tell me if changes to Range Masks and Brush adjustments in a Radial Filter (one of the two supplied) are supported? I refined my brush and range adjustments in LR edits after the initial Auto-Transition and Preview, and those changes don't seem to have transferred to the non-keyframes files in the second Reload/Auto-Transition process.

Should I maybe just do it right the first time???

Thanks,
Don
#2 Gunther
Yes, they are supported. You just need to take care that positions and some values of those tools cannot be animated.
Therefore you need to set those settings on the very first keyframe. They will then be brought to the other keyframes when you use the sync script.

In one of the last updates there was a bug with range masks, maybe you ran into that. Best download and install the latest beta in order to be sure that it's fixed: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrti...a-feedback
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MichaelLeeNYC
I've processed several time lapse sequences with radial filters and ramping is not always done in between key frames. I have used radial filters in day/night sequences where I try to add exposure to shadows or reduce exposure in bright areas.

I have used multiple radial filters in some sequences where some of the radial filters ramp correctly and others do not. The placement of the radial filters were all the same beginning from the first key frame.

Maybe a prior version had a bug with radial filters, but I ran into this problem within the last two weeks. It's annoying to run Visual Previews to then find ramping of radial filters did not happen.

Edit: I just read an older post about radial filters and it said only the two auto generated radial filters will work for ramping. Is that still correct? If so, can the location of the two auto generated radial filters be moved around the frame. I'm sure I have created other radial filters and they have seemed to work in some cases.

...also check out: