• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Automatic crop unwanted & metadata not saving

#1 khfilms
I'm finding that LR Timelapse is creating a crop transition that I am not making in LR or LRTimelapse. It is taking the 16:9 crop and adding rotation.

The other issue I am having is LRTimelapse is not recognizing image adjustments I am using in LR. For example I set a color temp to daylight and after saving that metadata and reloading to LRTimelapse it takes the first 2/3's of the sequence and set it to tungsten (3200K) on its own and then transitioned the final third of the images to daylight (5600K) along with the crop rotation.

I am using LR3 and LRT v.2.2.1

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
khfilms
#2 Gunther
Hi, I'm not really sure how the crop thing happens - it surely shouldn't any I only saw it once. Please try just leaving the crop alone in Lightroom and see if that helps. You can turn off the 16:9 cropping in the LRTimelapse settings if you want.

The WB issue you are experiencing is strange as well because LRTimelapse doesn't care about the WB presets, it only uses the Values for Tint and WB and automatically sets the preset to Custom. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to make the animations. Maybe something was messed up with your sequence.

Such problems can happen, if you don't follow the workflow exactly (staring with initializing in LRTimelapse etc.) Please try re initializing the sequence, start over and check if that happens again!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joe Vandaly
(2013-02-10, 10:17)gwegner Wrote: Hi, I'm not really sure how the crop thing happens - it surely shouldn't any I only saw it once. Please try just leaving the crop alone in Lightroom and see if that helps. You can turn off the 16:9 cropping in the LRTimelapse settings if you want.

The WB issue you are experiencing is strange as well because LRTimelapse doesn't care about the WB presets, it only uses the Values for Tint and WB and automatically sets the preset to Custom. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to make the animations. Maybe something was messed up with your sequence.

Such problems can happen, if you don't follow the workflow exactly (staring with initializing in LRTimelapse etc.) Please try re initializing the sequence, start over and check if that happens again!

I would also stress Gunther's point about folliwng the workflow exactly.

Especially in Lightroom. Unless your are precisely making the adjustments to the keyframes in the right order, the auto transitions wont work in LRTimelapse.

I was initially sloppy in my changes in Lightroom while doing a holy grail. For example I found that when I followed Gunther's instructions exactly by selecting the keyframed images properly prior to matching total exposure, the auto transitions worked properly in LRTImelapse.

My suggestion ... watch his tutorials closely and follw his printed workflow closely. I even made my own printed workflow which made it easier for me to complete a sequence.

Just my .02 cents.
#4 Joe Michael
Hi there,

I seem to be having similar problems with some of my transitions and metadata. I've tried to rework a few of the H/G changes in Lightroom.

when I reload it back into LR timelpase it sees the keyframe changes but when I hit auto transition it reverts back to the previous metadata. see the two images.

the main adjustment for this transition was the last exposure key frame. but I have made several 1/10th stop changes to the whole clip

I've attached before and after pics

[size=xx-small]www.joemichael.net/blog
facebook.com/darkcloudwhitelight
Instagram: @joemichaelmedia
Twitter: @joemichaelmedia
#5 Gunther
Some of the changes are just too close, especially the last one - you should try to match them manually in lightroom - or even delete the frame that is off at the last "jump"
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: