• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Battery life Pro timer 2.5

#1 timelapsefrank
Hello everyone, I just changed the battery in my Pro Timer 2.5. I charged the battery but it drains with in two days to half empty. Is there better batteries for the unit or a way to shut down the auto features to monitor current date and time??
Has any one else found that the battery life is short??
#2 MLXXXp
Are you asking about the Pro Timer (commercial version) or the Pro Timer FREE (do-it-yourself version)? You've posted this in the Pro Timer FREE forum.
#3 timelapsefrank
Not sure of the difference?? This is something that I bought for timelapse photography.
#4 MLXXXp
Quote:Not sure of the difference??

Did you build it yourself from an Arduino board and other parts or did you buy it fully assembled? If you bought it, then it's not a Pro Timer FREE.

https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtimelapse-pro-timer-free/
#5 timelapsefrank
I did buy it
#6 Gunther
If you have a lrt pro timer 2.5 the battery life will be around 20 hrs operating. If you turn it off, it should hold a couple of weeks.
There are two batteries, one for powering the timer (li ion) and one small button cell that is only for holding the date time (rtc). In the faq you can find how to exchange the button cell.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 timelapsefrank
I did change then small round battery but not the large square one. Not sure where to get the large one to replace it? I think thats my problem.
#8 Gunther
The square one is the li ion battery that powers the toner. You should get it at Amazon or any electronics store,also online. Search for the model written on the battery.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 timelapsefrank
TXs I will check it out on amazon.

...also check out: