• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Visual Deflicker defaults to 0 in b5

#1 jrg63
I tried b5 with a new TL and after I generated the visual previews, I went into Visual Deflicker. I was expecting a default of 10, instead the slider was at 0. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I'm running on an AMD 3970X processor (32-core, 64 threads) on a PCI 4.0 M.2 SSD and am not getting a significant performance uplift. I'll do some timings over the next few days with 5.8 and b5 to see if its just subjective or quantitative.
#2 Gunther
I've tried to reproduce this with cleared global settings and a fresh sequence, but couldn't.
The deflicker default values have always been saved in the sequence properties (also in LRT5). What's new now, is that the last setting will be remembered for a fresh sequence now (which haven't had any editing yet). After editing the sequence will then hold it's own settings for deflicker.
Please observe this and let me know, if you can reproduce it.

Regarding performance: try loading a fresh sequence without any edits in LRT 5 and LRT 6 in comparison and take the time.
Also see my video where I show such comparisons: https://youtu.be/UGY3WQq2NE0
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
I've double checked and think I've found a small bug that initialized the smoothing value to 0 with a fresh LRTimelapse install and no deflicker applied before. This will be fixed in the next version. Thanks again for reporting!
#4 jrg63
I did some comparisons between LR5.8 and 6b5 and there were impressive performance gains on the initial load of the sequence. Since the workflow has changed when it comes to visual previews (only generated for keyframes) it was not that easy to do an apples-to-apple comparison, but I've satisfied myself that it is significantly faster. Great work Gunther!
#5 Gunther
Thanks! :-)

...also check out: