• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bug in LRT 5.4: DNG converter apps block other apps

#1 lightatwork
Hi Gunther,

Since 5.4, it seems that during the creation of visual previews, the "attention of the computer" (don't know the correct programming language for that) is constantly pushed towards the (probably each new) visual preview application.

In other words, when I click on a different application on my computer and/or wish to enter text, I can not do that, because the attention of my clicks/text input is constantly pulled away from the application I am working in. Once the visual previews are complete, everything is back to normal.

This was not the situation before 5.4. The result of this issue is that you can not use the computer for anything else, during the creation of visual previews.

For the record, I am using LRT 5.4 on an iMac Pro, running OS X 10.14.6
I noticed the issue when visual previews were being generated in a batch "Multi Pass Deflicker" that I started from a folder with 5 subfolders with sequences in it.

If you wish any additional information, please let me know.

Regards,

Jorrit
#2 Gunther
You are right, I could reproduce this. Will work on a fix asap.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
I've just replaced the Mac download with a new one where this is fixed. It has build number 619. Please download install and try. Let me know!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 lightatwork
Hi Gunther,

I am typing this, while LRTimelapse is running a batch of Visual Preview generation, so thank you, the fix obviously worked!

Regards,
Jorrit

...also check out: