• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 6DMarkII err 70

#1 Morgan
Hello! I have a problem.
Yesterday I doing a timelapse day to night. My camera was connected via cable Pro Timer 2.5, via wifi qDrlDashboard. Suddently has freeze. My camera is blocked. In display indicated ERR 70.
Also qDrlDashboard is freeze.
Why? Sad
My camera mount a lens Canon 16/35mm f2.8 LII. The firmware camera is last updated... also Pro Time 2.5 is last updates firmware..
#2 Gunther
This has nothing to do with the Pro Timer, it just triggers the camera with an analog signal (as if you press the shutter).
There is already some threads (use search feature for ERR 70) here in the forum. It seems it might happen, if the dark times are too short, making the camera lose shots.
Always leave enough dark time between "longest exposure" set in qDDB and the interval that you set in the timer.
Do some tests indoors to see if the camera still freezes with different settings. Let us know.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Morgan
Ah ok... I experiment with the various possibilities.
Therefore the setting camera with Protime 2.5 are: exposition 15 sec. and interval 20 sec.. 15-20= 5 sec dark time. Do you think it is too short dark time?
My camera, however, the photo preview is set to 2 second... do you think I to disable preview?
I already have the preview in the pad with qDDB.
Liveview in camera is off.
#4 Gunther
5 secs dark time sounds fine. I'd turn off the preview.

Sent mobile...
#5 Morgan
Ok.. I turn off preview in my camera... while before it was set to 2 seconds.
I look your tutorial qDDB and i read your manual last ebook....but i don't understand if ''show capture history...'' and ''image review after capture'' are flag on or off...
#6 Gunther
Both off.

Sent mobile...
#7 Morgan
Great! thanks Gunther for patience and quick responses.
However, I think it all contributed to the `` err 70 '': the 2 second + camera preview setting shows the acquisition history and image review after capture (in qDDB). I would also like to disable the correction of the lens built into my camera .. what do you say? Smile
#8 Gunther
If it works now, all is good

Sent mobile...
#9 Morgan
I'll let you know as soon as possible ...
Thank Gwegner! Big Grin
#10 Morgan
Hello!
I did another test with qDDB.
Preview off, correction lens off, dark time 10 second, exposition 0.8 second, external intervallometer Pro Time 2.5, ''shows the acquisition history'' off, ''image review after capture'' off.
Unfortunately 2 times he gave Err 70 again in my 6 D Mark2. Sad :,(

Another test without qDDB
Preview off, correction lens off, dark time 10 second, exposition 0.8 second, external intervallometer Pro Time 2.5, ''shows the acquisition history'' off, ''image review after capture'' off.
No problem!
Without qDDB everything works regularly ... even in very short dark times!

...also check out: