• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Could not create virtual machine

#11 Gunther
If you can start via the Jar file most certainly there is not enough memory left on your system. So I would recommend get the CMD running, it might be necessary to edit the paths to the java insallation - this will provide less memory to the Java virtual machine.

If you launch directly via the jar file you won't provide enough memory.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 peter
(2012-07-03, 18:44)gwegner Wrote: If you can start via the Jar file most certainly there is not enough memory left on your system. So I would recommend get the CMD running, it might be necessary to edit the paths to the java insallation - this will provide less memory to the Java virtual machine.

If you launch directly via the jar file you won't provide enough memory.

I have created a shortcut on my desktop wich contains the following Target:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -jar LRTimelapse.jar

It seems to work now but is this the right way? I cannot get it work with the .cmd file strange enough.

anyway i encounter no problems at the moment.

kind regards,
Peter
#13 Gunther
This is certainly another good way to launch on windows.
#14 minimatt
I'm also getting the error "Could not Create java Virtual machine".

I'm on a 32 bit windows XP OS.

I've just installed the latest Java. I tried the running as administrator. any other suggestions?
#15 glenn
hey, I was experiencing the same issue and I tried everything suggested in this thread but nothing worked then I just right clicked on the desktop icon and selected 'Troubleshoot compatibility' and now it works fine.
#16 Donald
Running a 32 bit laptop on windows vista and got the Java Virtual machine failure, had already tried deleating Java and Lrtimelapse and reinstalling.
Then found this thread and right clicked the Lrtimelapse start up icon and went to Compatability and changed the compatabilty mode to run with Windows XP service pack two, and the programme is starting now.
#17 luxor
Hi,

I just upgraded from LRT 2.0 to 2.0.1 without any other change (windows 7, Java jre 7).
But running the msi file Windows forced me to uninstall LRT 2.0 before installing the new version. I did it but even after a reboot, and following the above settings (run as administrator), and even after a reboot LRT 2.0.1 refuses to load with the same Java error, "Could not create virtual machine".

I have tried various compatibility modes, from Windows Vista SP3, SP2, Windows XP SP3, SP2 : same error or no error at all, the logo appears one second then disappears.

I have tried the troubleshooting. Windows is unable to fix it.

I checked my java. It works fine with another application (banking).

So I have no idea on how to solve it this time.

Could you help me ?

Thanks
Thierry
#18 luxor
(2012-10-02, 00:57)luxor Wrote: Hi,
I just upgraded from LRT 2.0 to 2.0.1 without any other change (I kept windows 7, Java jre 7, run as administrator, compatibility XP SP2, etc).
But I got.... the same Java error, "Could not create virtual machine".

Solution : The error remaining, I downgraded to LRT 2.0 using the same method (uninstall 2.0.1 to reinstall the "new" one). v2.0 loaded at first run.

Of course this workaround does not solve or fix this problem with v2.0.1. ANy fix is welcome.
#19 Gunther
Hi Luxor, this is really weird. The changes between 2.0 and 2.0.1 are minor, nothing substantial. Wich Java Version are you using? Wich OS? How much ram? When using the default launcher LRTimelapse tries to reserve a percentage of the free ram on your machine. If you have a lot of programs running and only few raw left this might fail. In this case you should try one of the alternate launchers in the Start Menu / LRTimelapse (if on windows). Please let me know if you can sort it out. It should have nothing to do with 2.0.1 vs. 2.0.
#20 questionesse
Also had this problem with the latest LRT
Running LRT as admin didn't do the job.
win7 x64,
The issue was that I had two java versions running as I then realized - maybe this helps somebody else as well.
[Image: http://images.devs-on.net/Image/ExoLuFSI...ereich.png]

...also check out: