• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Create Other Frames" & Auto Trans NOT applying in LR4 via LRT3 /HG Work Flow?

#1 bbkupko
G,

First the bugs, then a few questions.

Everything seemed to be working fine, but then I got to the "add other keyframes" tab in the HG workflow. I added 8 total ( 1200 frames in all ) the only 4 star key frames to show up in LR4 were the first and last? So I looked at a few of the image numbers that LRT3 had marked as extra 4 star key frames and when I clicked on the image in LR4 the 4 star popped up? --However they only popped up when I located the marked frames and then clicked on them? They would not load the 4 stars on its own--only when I clicked on the individual frames that LRT3 had chosen as 4 star frames. This was after I Selected All and then Read Met From Files?

I then re-did the "Add Other Keyframes" and reduced it to just 4--same thing only the first and last 4 stars popped up. I manually went to the other two frames and clicked on them and --same thing the 4 stars popped up?

I decided to continue on and do the develop settings--all seemed fine until I got to the "Auto Transition" tab. It DID NOT appear to Auto Transition?
Sure enough there are only plot points on my developed extra frames and no "linear curve line" connecting the 4 star adjustment points?
In your tutorial there is a Blue Linear Curve Line connecting the extra 4 star developed frames

I then proceeded and as I suspected the auto transition is not applying to ALL frames in LR4--this was after Selecting ALL and Reading ALL metadata from files?

Here are a few Q's and Observations as well

1) Can you adjust the exposure ON THE GRADS?

2) If you are in LR4/5 and you decide to Add an additional 4 star keyframe to develop ( which I did do ) --would you then and only then Copy the base Exposure from the previous edited frame--which I did. Is that unnecessary? Would LRT3 apply that exposure anyway? Is it ok to add another 4 star key frame in LR 4/5 or only in LRT3 and re-read metadata as normal?

3) I also noticed I did not have a "Stretch" slider option on my GH Wizard tab?

4 I may have asked this before and I did NOT try it this time, but can or would you ever used the De-flicker and HG on the same sequence or always keep them apart. I was under the impression its best to keep them separate--Only use De-flicker if you used AV or Tv and not M

5) Will the book include detailed info / more info on any and all POP UP windows--or can you do a tutorial that explains in depth any and all POP UP windows.

I received this POP UP Info window at the start of my HG workflow--when I clicked the Key Frame Wizard:

"Smaller adj in aptr, shutt, ISO have been skipped" ....# of adj skipped 2

I thought this was odd because this was a FULL Manual sequence ?

It would be good to get more info on what it tells you to do on defining the "Threshold" in Expert Settings---How do we know where to set that?
#2 bbkupko
NOTE:

The 2 & 3 Star HG Wizard adjustments DID WORK like magic !! Smile Just not the 4 star Extra ( developed ) frames
#3 Gunther
(2014-02-08, 21:49)bbkupko Wrote: Everything seemed to be working fine, but then I got to the "add other keyframes" tab in the HG workflow. I added 8 total ( 1200 frames in all ) the only 4 star key frames to show up in LR4 were the first and last? So I looked at a few of the image numbers that LRT3 had marked as extra 4 star key frames and when I clicked on the image in LR4 the 4 star popped up? --However they only popped up when I located the marked frames and then clicked on them? They would not load the 4 stars on its own--only when I clicked on the individual frames that LRT3 had chosen as 4 star frames. This was after I Selected All and then Read Met From Files?
Sounds like a problem with your filtering in Lightroom. Please make sure to use the filter presets like I showed in the holy grail tutorial video. (LRT HG=****) To remove the filtering use LRT Full Sequence filter.

Quote:I decided to continue on and do the develop settings--all seemed fine until I got to the "Auto Transition" tab. It DID NOT appear to Auto Transition?
It will. Check the other curves by clicking on the "ALL" button above the preview.
The yello exposure curve will obviously not change because it serves to level the HG adjustments.

Quote:Sure enough there are only plot points on my developed extra frames and no "linear curve line" connecting the 4 star adjustment points?
In your tutorial there is a Blue Linear Curve Line connecting the extra 4 star developed frames
You could as well select the curve that is being plotted via the drop down box above the preview.

Quote:I then proceeded and as I suspected the auto transition is not applying to ALL frames in LR4--this was after Selecting ALL and Reading ALL metadata from files?
I suspect another problem with the filtering. The predefined filters change the filtering mode between >= and = if you don't take care of this when setting the filtering manually you might miss frames. So use the presets, it's safer and easier.

Quote:1) Can you adjust the exposure ON THE GRADS?
Sure.

Quote:2) If you are in LR4/5 and you decide to Add an additional 4 star keyframe to develop ( which I did do ) --would you then and only then Copy the base Exposure from the previous edited frame--which I did. Is that unnecessary? Would LRT3 apply that exposure anyway? Is it ok to add another 4 star key frame in LR 4/5 or only in LRT3 and re-read metadata as normal?
Never change the exposure that has already been set for the compensation of the HG keyframes in that secound step. You can add another 4* keyframe, but please leave the exposure like it is!

Quote:3) I also noticed I did not have a "Stretch" slider option on my GH Wizard tab?
I removed it since it was unnecessary.

Quote:I may have asked this before and I did NOT try it this time, but can or would you ever used the De-flicker and HG on the same sequence or always keep them apart. I was under the impression its best to keep them separate--Only use De-flicker if you used AV or Tv and not M
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-can-...-deflicker
But this has nothing to do with Av/Tv/M modes - just with combining Holy Grail and deflicker.

Quote:I received this POP UP Info window at the start of my HG workflow--when I clicked the Key Frame Wizard:
"Smaller adj in aptr, shutt, ISO have been skipped" ....# of adj skipped 2
I thought this was odd because this was a FULL Manual sequence ?
It would be good to get more info on what it tells you to do on defining the "Threshold" in Expert Settings---How do we know where to set that?
The threshold just sets the size of the adjustments in EV that will be considered as Holy Grail changes. If you make small HG adjustments of 1/3 or 2/3 stops just set that threshold value to 0.2 and you are fine.

Hope I could clarify some things.
The new Ebook is currently being translated. I hope to have it ready in 2-3 weeks.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 bbkupko
I started from scratch on a third ettempt and it all worked fine, so it must be operator error? I did use the correct 4 star LRT3 filter though on each ettempt, so I'm not sure what it was I was doing wrong on the first two ettempts ?

...also check out: