• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cropping, How to create and how to remove

#1 Steve
I'm trying to add a crop and pan the crop across the frame, aka "Ken Burns affect" What I've found on this forum and the LR Timelapse Instructions leaves me more confused than enlightened. Either more instructions or a tutorial would be nice.

I realize to start a crop it's simply a matter of clicking in the preview window and drag a rectangle. I picked a random frame in my sequence and see that that sequence number now has a frame, I guess indicating it has a crop. How do I remove this this crop on this frame and sequence number?

The camera shoots a3x2 image. I want to output a 16x9 video. When should I crop to 16x9? And where should I make this initial crop LR or LRTimelapse? Assuming here that going to 16x9 at the render stage would/could adversely affect the moving crop.

Dragging a rectangle for the crop doesn't appear to be able to set an aspect ratio. How will this work for say non 16x9 crop with a 16x9 output?

What I want to do is start full frame (16x9), Push in some (zoom), then pan. My assumption is that I would add a crop frame at my zoom end frame and then reposition this crop to the final location frame. And, that LR Timelapse would resize and zoom from initial frame to the zoom endpoint and then animate the pan of the crop to the final frame. How do you reposition the crop and keep the same crop size if you have to free-hand the size and location of each crop frame?

Like I said a detained instruction set or tutorial would be nice to have.
#2 Steve
I'm making progress, I think. It seems that you should do all cropping in LR, that you should identify crop key frames with 5 stars and LR Timelapse will handle animation between these crop key frames. There are probably some nuances or details I haven't included or discovered, but I'm making progress.
#3 Danielb.photos
In my opinion you shouldn’t crop in LR at all.
I always render the full resolution sequences and do all cropping in the video editing software.
#4 Gunther
Here is a faq about how to do the Ken-Burns crop animation with LRTimelapse: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: