• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Super Resolution doesn't seem to want to create Visual Previews

#1 mdc1138
I have a 12MP sequence I shot on a Nikon D3S years ago, and wanted to run it through Super Resolution to see how it would do on this older footage.

I converted all the source frames to Super Resolution DNG files that Lightroom reads and understands just fine, but they don't seem to want to create Visual Previews in LRtimelapse (running 5.5.8).

This is on an up to date Win10 system with DNGConverter v13.1.

Any clues or suggestions, or do I need to do all my work on the originals then make the Super Resolution DNGs?

-mike
#2 Gunther
Hi Mike, you need to have installed a DNG Converter, that supports that format. Currently 13.2 is the latest, but I don't know, if it already supports that format. You might give it a try.
Personally I think, it would be better do do the edits with LRTimelapse first and later make the AI resizing.
The other question is, if it's really worth the effort, especially since you have 12MP files that are perfectly suited for 4K editing.
I doubt that SR would really deliver an increase in quality - so far with my experiments with the SR feature, I often got nasty artifacts - that's why I didn't even try it for timelapse yet.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: