• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Day to night to day keyframe problems

Lightbulb
#1 jhane7
Hello all!

Have a question regarding processing a day to night to day timelapse I shot recently.

When I import the sequence into LRT, it reads most of the first portion (sunset) as incredibly dark, almost at pitch black. It then ramps into the astro portion and lightens up, and then during sunrise the key frames are all off again, making it almost entirely over-exposed. I haven't done any editing or processing, this is just what happens when I follow the workflow (Keyframe Wizard ->Holy Grail Wizard) I have attached a photo of what the curves look like.

Any suggestions on what I need to do or how I can adjust the keyframes to allow for a sunset, astro, then sunrise?

Thank you all for your help!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Which version of LRTimelapse is this? As you can see, the orange correction curve starts very low and ends very high. This means, that the "Holy Grail Wizard" was not applied correctly. Normally this curve should only level out the camera adjustments but not change the brightness so much. There are 2 sliders in the HG-Wizard which you should use to bring the orange curve as close to the horizontal middle line as possible.
Best would be to totally redo the sequence and start over with "Metadata / Initialize".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: