• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance values not properly transferring from Lightroom to LRT 6.5.5

#1 Scott Waldick
Hello,

I have used LRT for quite a while and have recently run into an issue. I am editing a day/night through night/day timelapse. After editing the keyframes in Lightroom I save the metadata and then return to LRT. All the values seem to appear correctly except the white balance values. The settings for the white balance are set in camera to 4000k. In light room I warm the values up at the beginning of the sequence until it becomes darker and then opposite as the sequence comes into light. So when setting the value to 6500k LRT ramps down but then arbitrarily stops at a value of 5850k then ramps up at the end of the sequence. The issue is that is doesn't properly drop to 4000k on the keyframes I have input that value. I have tried using custom wb set to 6500k then "as shot" (for the 4000k) as well as custom wb for 6500k and custom 3900k and have the same result in LRT. I am not sure if anything has changed to make this occur but I haven't changed the way I capture/process for some time.

I am using:

Canon 5div
Lightroom Classic Release 13.4
Camera RAW 16.4
DNG Converter 16.3.0
LRTimelapse 6.5.5

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Scott
#2 Gunther
Hi Scott,
you need to have all keyframes set to "Custom" WB if you you want to ramp the WB. Normally this happens automatically when you edit the first keyframes and progress via "Sync" from left to right.
Please double check. You can also set only the WB in the internal editor in LRT, reapply the Auto Transition, save and monitor what happens in the table columns for the white balance the visual previews itself.

BTW: I posted your question in the LRT 7 forum but I understand that you are still using LRT 6... I'll move the post.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Scott Waldick
Thank you Gunther.

I thought I had tried what you suggested originally and went back and used "custom" as well. Keyframe 1-3 and 14-16 were custom. It was the middle keyframes that were to be used "as shot". So I had gone back and set the middle keyframes to a value close to "as shot" but different so it would appear "custom". After messing around with it with no luck I ended up going to the LRT table and manually changing the WB for the incorrect keyframes and reapplied the transitions as you suggested. I will keep an eye on this on my next sequences and hopefully will not have any issues!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Love using LRTimelapse!

Scott
#4 Gunther
You can also right click in LRT on the "WB" Column Header and choose "Fill down" to equalize all values to the one of the first frame. In the visual editor you can also fine tune the values.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: