• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DNG Converter timeout

#1 juandent
... I am having trouble with creating the visual previews, for example from the log I get:

DEBUG: Run into DNG Converter timeout.
[2020-10-20 13:30:41] ERROR: Error creating visual preview for tl (78 of 97).ARW
[2020-10-20 13:30:41] WARN: Error loading visual preview for: tl (78 of 97).ARW tried 1 times.

It also takes forever and it does not take into account the RAW profile I choose in Lightroom. My images are 42Mpixels each but I have a fast machine..

The problem has something to do with the DNG Converter (I have the latest 12.4) and Lightroom 9.4.

Very frustrated. Was considering buying the private license but with so many important bugs I don't think its wise

Please help...
#2 Gunther
This is not a bug and there are not "many important bugs" as you say.
Regarding your problem there is an faq covering this, please see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-vis...w-previews

Of course you shouldn't buy a license before you have LRT running perfectly. That's what the free trial version is for.

Please check the faq out and let me know, I'm here to help.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 juandent
thanks, I changed the timeout to 60 seconds and the visual previews are now being built correctly

Great!!!

One question: the visual previews are not absolutely necessary right? I mean to create the time lapse?

Regards,
Juan Dent
#4 Gunther
No, they are not. The basic workflow works without visual previews. But deflicker is much better in the visual workflow.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 sandraingram
Why convert video?

...also check out: